News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat track guide and wire

Started by Voss, June 14, 2016, 02:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voss

I am about to reinstall my newly rebuilt bucket seats for the -68 Charger but faced an issue. Usually I take a lot of pics before taking things apart but this time I didn't do that properly.  :brickwall: My problem is the wire which connects the release levers on each side. The function is obvious; when releasing the lever on the outer track, the inner track is also released with the help of this wire, making it possible to move the seat forward or backward.

When disassembling the seats to prep for powder coating I did not pay attention on that metallic strap (about 1/2" wide) which holds tension on this wire (the metallic strap is held in place by the threaded adjuster on the front, see pic below). The painter removed the straps and used for left/right side identification. I got one back but I don't know if it's the correct one or if it should be two. So now I am confused... I also compared the length of the wires and they differ. Is there a left and right side of this wire? Also, I'm not sure if the metallic strip is for only one side or if there should be a strip on both sides?

I wish I would have taken just one pic of the seat  tracks when removed, before disassembly. I took a lot of pics on everything but missed out on the bigger picture... Does anyone have any pics to share which can help me to get this correct? Below is a couple of pics showing the wires, the strap and the backside of my seats...  

Voss

Posting up a pic I found in the parts book.

Guide is found in section 23-47-67
Rt: 2486994
Lt: 2486993

Wire is found in section 23-47-66
Rt: 2765434
Lt: 2765433

Alaskan_TA

Not sure if '68s are the same, but.....

I just got a 1970 set in all complete. Forward wire tensioner screws on both bottoms, driver side not used.

Short wire - drivers side.

Long wire with flat clip going to tensioner screw - passenger side.

VegasCharger

See if these pics will help. These pics are driver's side only.

Will search for pass. side pics but had driver's side at my finger tips for now.

68 Charger driver's side seat bottom. Original to the car when I purchased it.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

VegasCharger

:popcrn: