News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Group 27 dual connection battery

Started by BLK 68 R/T, July 03, 2016, 11:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLK 68 R/T

Does anyone make a group 27 battery or different group # but still the same dimensions as a group 27 with the standard top post as well as the GM style screw in connections on the side of the battery?

Mopar Nut

I believe Optima Batteries have a Dual top and side terminals.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

BLK 68 R/T

I did look at the optima batteries, but I'm not to fond of their looks. Looking for something a little more stock looking. Thanks though.

moparguy01

Interstate battery makes a 27 with top and side terminals. It's the same type as the optima batteries but a square body.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on July 04, 2016, 10:01:20 AM
I did look at the optima batteries, but I'm not to fond of their looks. Looking for something a little more stock looking. Thanks though.
:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

john108

I even say a Sears add for DieHard in a size 27

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: 68 RT on July 04, 2016, 11:49:21 AM
Try this, http://www.batterymart.com/p-Mega-Crank-Dual-Terminal-AGM-Battery.html?utm_source=Bing&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=PLA&utm_term=group%2027%20batteries%20duel%20teminal
Thanks but not group 27 dimensions.
Quote from: moparguy01 on July 04, 2016, 12:40:37 PM

Interstate battery makes a 27 with top and side terminals. It's the same type as the optima batteries but a square body.
Had no luck searching interstate batteries and finding one with the top posts and side terminals. Do you have a #?
Quote from: john108
link=topic=124761.msg1552023#msg1552023 date=1467674345

I even say a Sears add for DieHard in a size 27
No luck at Sears, I found some with the top post and top stud but not side connections.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Troy

If you're looking at side terminals then why worry about it looking original?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: Troy on July 05, 2016, 12:32:04 PM
If you're looking at side terminals then why worry about it looking original?

Troy

Great question - I have certain "look" in mind that I'm going for and I'm just trying to get as clean of look as possible with having to add additional wires to the battery. Keep it stockish looking on top as possible and hiding the extra wires the best I can on the side terminals. It seems easy but is turning out to not be  ;)

Troy

Have you thought about a group 24? It's only slightly smaller dimensionally and there seems to be a huge selection.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

BLK 68 R/T

Yes, if I cant get what I'm looking for in the larger battery that will be my next option.