News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Helped out with some formatting on an old post

Started by family_dodge, March 30, 2017, 07:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

family_dodge

This a reformatted and edited post from gtss that was published in a previous thread—I didn't realize the old thread was locked. I rewrote it to better understand how many cars gtss has and what to see if I could match the makes to the models [I'm still learning the ropes of all these muscle cars.] One question though: what's a "hp2" on the Belvedere?) Thought you might enjoy the re-write and this pretty incredible car collection.

QuoteI see your point, Kern Dog.

I bought the car not knowing the situation; I spent my money on the car that did not run. I am not to much into Dodge Chargers, but I do like them.

When reading Lord Warlock's personal notes on this forum, I felt sick to learn that he passed away. And then I saw his family speak ill of him, which gave me a terrible feeling.

Lord Warlock's dad is a super good guy. I got to know him well. I struggled when deciding between selling or keeping his car. But just so you can see what I'm dealing with at home, I'd like to share my personal auto inventory of 17 vehicles, which I have arranged from oldest production year.

• 1932 Ford sedan
  • 1934 Ford three-window coupe
  • 1955 Buick (this was my great grand-father's car)
  • 1966 Plymouth Belvedere with a Hemi engine and a four-speed transmission ("hp2")
  • 1967 Plymouth GTX with a Hemi engine
  • 1968 Plymouth GTX with a four-speed transmission
  • 1968 Plymouth Super Bee with a 383 cu. in. engine and a four-speed transmission (I just purchased this car, and it hasn't been driven for the past 33 years!)
  • 1968 GTS Dodge Dart with a 383 cu. in. engine and a four-speed transmission
  • 1968 Dodge Super Bee with a Hemi engine
  • 1969 Dodge Super Bee with a four-speed transmission
  • 1969 Plymouth Road Runner with a four-speed transmission
  • 1970 Dodge Dart with a 340 cu. in. engine
  • 1970 Plymouth 'Cuda with a 440 cu. in. engine and a six-pack shaker (I've owned this since high school)
  • 1970 Plymouth Superbird
  • 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda convertible with a 383 cu. in. engine
  • 1971 Plymouth 'Cuda convertible painted triple black with a 340 cu. in. engine and a four-speed transmission
  • 1978 Dodge 'Lil Red Truck (two of them, or maybe one 1978 and one 1979, or two 1979)

In conclusion, I'd like to say that you are right, Kern Dog. I buy what I want.

I "want" these cars; I do not "need" these cars. Currently, I have three cars for sale on eBay. It's time to "thin the herd," as they say.

Do have a problem buying old cars? Yes. But my business seems to keep growing, and that demands a lot of my time. I would like to get down to five cars, but when I find a good deal, I just can't pass it up

Kern Dog, we should do something sometime. Maybe we can go gator hunting?
[/list]