News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird front licence plate bracket

Started by boss429kiwi, August 21, 2016, 09:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boss429kiwi

Hi

How do you guys mount your front licence plate on a Superbird.
I'm not keen on the "factory" bracket and I do not want to drill any holes etc.

thanks
Gary
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

DAY CLONA

If your going to use the factory front bracket, there's 3 locations, 2 different brackets, locations are the top of the nosecone, as per factory instructions, the bottom of the nosecone just before the front spoiler, and last, bracket mounted on the front spoiler, all will entail drilling 2 holes

PettyMower

The custom made bracket that came with mine in 1986, requires no drilling of holes. It uses two front spoiler mounting holes.

boss429kiwi

Quote from: PettyMower on August 22, 2016, 12:39:46 PM
The custom made bracket that came with mine in 1986, requires no drilling of holes. It uses two front spoiler mounting holes.

Any photos?
Are these 1986 brackets still available?

What about the bracket that mounts to the spoiler, are these available also?

Thanks
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

oldchevelle541

Refused to drill any holes - Used long plastic quick ties from HD to go thru plate holes and lower grille. No invasive drilling and it does not look any worse than a bracket mounted plate. Also did this on my 2016 RT Challenger.

PettyMower

This license plate bracket has been on my car since 1986, and has hit numerous animals over the years. (Back in the 80's I worked night-shift and you never knew what was going to run out in front of you on the way home.)

It can be easily made using a couple pieces of flat bar, and a license plate bracket.

Most importantly....NO NEW HOLES REQUIRED!!!

ksquared

Quote from: PettyMower on August 23, 2016, 07:50:06 AM

It can be easily made using a couple pieces of flat bar, and a license plate bracket.

Most importantly....NO NEW HOLES REQUIRED!!!

That is great work.  I'm wondering for people needing this though, since there is no photo of the front part, does the license plate fit in a little upper and lower channel, or is it just bolted to the front flat plate?

PettyMower

The license plate holder is a factory-made piece, the tag slides in sideways, track on top & bottom. But I'm sure that any factory-made, steel, license plate holder will work fine.

Steel flat bar is welded to the backside of the holder.