News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vega hatch Daytona clone headliner question

Started by 70 sublime, December 03, 2016, 08:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

This question is for anyone that has used a Vega hatch on their clone

The head liner kits that are out there for a Daytona have a lot more material to go down around the back window glass than just the regular Charger kits

Is there enough material in these kits to cover everything if a Vega hatch is used for the plug ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 03, 2016, 08:32:21 AM

The head liner kits that are out there for a Daytona have a lot more material to go down around the back window glass than just the regular Charger kits

Is there enough material in these kits to cover everything if a Vega hatch is used for the plug ?

Have you given any thought on how your going to do the package tray ?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

70 sublime

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on December 03, 2016, 09:44:10 PM

Not yet
You seem to be closer to that stage I might just watch what you do
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 70 sublime on December 03, 2016, 10:31:46 PM

Ha Ha, I am not even in ass scratching mode on that yet.  It looks like I am going to tack weld the saw teeth to the hatch frame before  I weld the hatch in place as it is easier to do it on a stand than in the car.  I am hoping one of the skilled plug installers chimes in on the package tray issue..
Not yet
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on December 04, 2016, 09:13:28 AM
Quote from: 70 sublime on December 03, 2016, 10:31:46 PM

Ha Ha, I am not even in ass scratching mode on that yet.  It looks like I am going to tack weld the saw teeth to the hatch frame before  I weld the hatch in place as it is easier to do it on a stand than in the car.  I am hoping one of the skilled plug installers chimes in on the package tray issue..
Not yet

I used the measurement from the back of the seat/front of the package tray to the bottom of the vega window to determine the location of the "vega plug" . This made it so the stock repop Daytona package tray fit wth only small trimming to each side where it meets the window trim. I also used the stock Daytona inner window trim .
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Highbanked Hauler

OK, that would simplify things considerably. My thought is the curved window bottom instead of being straight and I thought it would be higher than stock.  :shruggy:
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser