News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What’s it worth?

Started by mattretch9888, November 13, 2017, 03:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattretch9888

69 r/t 440, no fender tag, has vin plate still. Not been attempted to start in over 10 years, will need full strip and rebuild, interior needs retrim, but could be a great car once done.
Any ideas on value as it sits?
Any predictions on what it could be worth when fully restored from a bare blasted shell?

charger_fan_4ever

It looks pretty solid. Any rear end pics ? they tend to rot worse on the back end, trunk/floor pics ? And buildsheet? original engine trans ?

In a car like this in this state the fender tag or buildsheet could easily add or remove 15-20% on the price.

Need a little more info before throwing a price on it.

FYI hasnt run in 10 years. meaning its sat outside for 10 years ?

F8-4life

alfaitalia

Where are you? Is that a Jersey plate I spy? I mean Jersey U.K....not your new fangled one!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

mattretch9888

Yeah I'm uk based. And yeah sat outside for 10 years. It's not as solid as it looks, needs new trunk floor, rear tail panel, roof skin needs some work or replacing, and needs a new rear frame rail. Mouldy interior, so will need retrimming. Engine is a period correct 440, but is not the numbers matching,  no buildsheet either. All parts present though so is a complete car at least.
Budgeting 20-25k to restore, realistic?

alfaitalia

Doing it's yourself....or paying someone to do the work?

mattretch9888

Combination of both, all bodywork and paint to be paid to be done. Rest will mostly be me

70 sublime

Quote from: mattretch9888 on November 13, 2017, 05:35:13 PM
Combination of both, all bodywork and paint to be paid to be done. Rest will mostly be me

Does not sound like you have enough $$ saved up if you are going to have to pay to get the body and paint done on top of buying the car in the first place
Might be cheaper in the long run to just buy something already done and ready to drive
Yes I know that is not easy to do either
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Kern Dog

The angle of that picture should incur some type of price penalty. What the heck, man??

69rtse4spd

Rust at top & bottom of front windscreen, back window area also, I would guess. Rust under vinal top at quarter to roof joint. Agree with the others not enough info & not enough money in the budget if the tops in bad shape.  :Twocents:.

mattretch9888

Budget is 20-25k ignoring the purchase price

alfaitalia

We are talking coin of the Realm here rather than US dollars I'm assuming? In which case I would say you should be just about OK. I would like to think that would cover the paint and body to a reasonable driver standard....plus all the cost of you rebuilding the motor (you are bound to need some machining, gaskets, worn bent parts replacement). Guess it really depends what else is missing and how fussy you are on the replacement parts being "correct". Exactly why I went the restomod route....seats worn out? get some Jag ones in there!! etc etc !! Parts take forever to find and import so I try and avoid it (and the taxes that go with that!) :2thumbs:

smithenhiven

Quote from: F8-4life on November 13, 2017, 04:10:34 PM
8k is a good purchase.

I'll take a dozen at that price.  Given what some of the junk sells for on eBay, what's shown in this one picture appears to be a mostly complete and straight car, I'd say it's worth upwards of 20k as it sits.

cavemanno1

20-25k pound sterling will be a bit shy I think.If you just think that painting it will be at least 10k.That's not including panel replacement just painting.So there goes your half of your budget.Buying,shipping+taxes of the needed AMD parts will set you back at least $6-7k.Interior is a lot more than you would think.Just the front seat covers are $3-400  :flame:

The good thing is these cars go for a lot more here than in the States!Not sure if it will be financially worth it tho.The missing fender tag is affecting the value big time!
I'm just getting restored a '68 charger here in Hungary where labor is $15/hour yet it cost me $30k so far and not painted yet!

Homerr

$20k to buy and another $50k to restore.

alfaitalia

Quote from: cavemanno1 on November 14, 2017, 03:49:05 PM
20-25k pound sterling will be a bit shy I think.If you just think that painting it will be at least 10k.That's not including panel replacement just painting.So there goes your half of your budget.Buying,shipping+taxes of the needed AMD parts will set you back at least $6-7k.Interior is a lot more than you would think.Just the front seat covers are $3-400  :flame:

The good thing is these cars go for a lot more here than in the States!Not sure if it will be financially worth it tho.The missing fender tag is affecting the value big time!
I'm just getting restored a '68 charger here in Hungary where labor is $15/hour yet it cost me $30k so far and not painted yet!

Paint to show standard might be 10k.....not if he's looking for good driver standard. You just need to look around...or better still know someone in the trade. My paint is costing less than half that (plus the hand air brushed "real flames").....and my painter repaints Porsches for a living and so his work is to a high standard. I'm doing all the metal...he's just doing final tweeks and primer, colour and clear.....and in his own- rather than company- time....so it can be done.
And project cars are more expensive here..the finished article, at the moment at least, usually sells for rather LESS than in the state's imo...prices are sky high over there at the moment. They might be advertised at strong prices here...but most seem to be selling for far less.

ACUDANUT

Car is worth more than 50 times of that single wide trailer.

alfaitalia

You would be amazed what even old statics (wide not towable fixed position caravans) sell for here.....especially if they are in a good position in a half decent holiday park! Sure could do with a good clean and new drapes though!!! LOL!