News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

K & K Daytona on the Salt at Bonneville Today

Started by Aero426, September 17, 2016, 10:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

The story of that car has been posted here before...but searching "rusty Charger" doesn't get you very far for some reason. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

wingcarenvy

I have been to Bonneville many times (crewing for the "Got Salt" car) and what we do is run a sprinkler under the car for a few hours moving it around as well as pressure washing and flushing the hard to get to parts. The salt isn't as harsh as you'd think when its applied dry. The pictures are priceless though. A little clean up is worth the pictures for sure!!

500Jon

Yeah thats right, Salt is harmless when dry, just go easy with it on ya HoT DoGs...

But now I have spent 20 years restoring a 71 Gtx from Canada, I know what it can do when you mix it with SNOW and SLUSH... :slap:

Fortunately my C500 is from Florida, but like me here in England, there's a lot of COASTLINE too!!! :smilielol:
There's plenty of WET salt in the sea and in the AIR near the sea... :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Just because its from a 'DRY State' don't mean its aint RUSTEE... :patriot:

''rusty pile of junk'', someone said that about my C500?
All it needed was a trunk floor and a repair to the lower quarters...
Seems some Folks haven't seen what most Mopars look like before a rebuild?
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

500Jon

Probably is fire damage Homerr, followed by INSTANT rust!
I rebuilt a fire damaged car once, it seems to change the metal quite drastically, it was never right again?
My point is, rust is in every Mopar!
If you live in a DRY State then its rusts a lot slower...

If your Rare Car hasn't been apart and ALL surfaces treated INSIDE and OUT, then she is rusting away.
Everything above the primer 'DIP-LINE' inside your B-Body has rust on it.
That's the upper rear quarters, roof skin and supports, upper pillars, inside the door posts behind the upper hinges etc.

All the original 'window plugs' I have seen are also BARE metal underneath...

YEP its going RUSTEE!!!
Good restorers take the trouble to paint inside the previously UNTREATED areas to save the car for the future.

I bought a 'restored' 69 Charger that after five years looked real bad, especially in the UNTREATED areas... :eek2:

We don't all live in Dry States, in fact most of us live in WET places, near the Sea, but we still love MOPARS!!! :pity:

Some Folks go the EXTRA MILE to keep them alive and here for our Kids and Grand-kids... :cheers:

Real Moparmen restore their car for what it is, NOT for what its worth... :icon_smile_question:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

odcics2

Imagine a car, after a salt run, living in the humid S.E. US ?  :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

1969 R/T SE

How stupid must you be to take a earo car to a salt plane, those cars are going to rest after that