News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hagerty Mis-Value for 69 440 C500?

Started by 5hunert, October 05, 2016, 08:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5hunert

Looks like someone at Hagerty Valuations needs some schooling in Mopars.  They finally have a value for a 69 440 C500, and it aint pretty.  Here are their current valuations for a 69 RT 440, 69 C500, and a 69 XP 383 2bbl. According to Hagerty the XP 383 is worth more than the C500 They seem to think the 69 500 is just a trim package.  This could affect anyone who has a total claim for a 69 Charger 500 who doesn't have a stated value insurance policy. I wonder if there's a way to reach their "expert" to set them straight?

Aero426

Hard to know what exactly they are using for comparables and how many cars are in the sample.   Obviously, they are way off the mark on the 500.     

Just another reminder that value guides do not buy cars.   

5hunert

Unfortunately, they do if your car gets total by some moron and you have to deal with the moron's insurance adjuster.  If you've ever dealt with an adjuster when someone totals a classic car, its their job to find a reason to pay out as little as possible.  Inaccurate insurance valuation tools just fall into their hands.

Aero426

Quote from: 5hunert on October 05, 2016, 08:53:00 PM
Unfortunately, they do if your car gets total by some moron and you have to deal with the moron's insurance adjuster.  If you've ever dealt with an adjuster when someone totals a classic car, its their job to find a reason to pay out as little as possible.  Inaccurate insurance valuation tools just fall into their hands.

That is one reason why you need to have an agreed value insurance policy for your vehicle.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Aero426 on October 05, 2016, 09:40:38 PM
Quote from: 5hunert on October 05, 2016, 08:53:00 PM

That is one reason why you need to have an agreed value insurance policy for your vehicle.
:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 5hunert on October 05, 2016, 08:32:58 PM
 This could affect anyone who has a total claim for a 69 Charger 500 who doesn't have a stated value insurance policy. I wonder if there's a way to reach their "expert" to set them straight?

Just an FYI: A "Stated Value" policy will leave you a few dollars short at claim time, you want an "AGREED VALUE" policy for full and agreed coverage loss

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: DAY CLONA on October 06, 2016, 04:53:33 AM
Quote from: 5hunert on October 05, 2016, 08:32:58 PM
 This could affect anyone who has a total claim for a 69 Charger 500 who doesn't have a stated value insurance policy. I wonder if there's a way to reach their "expert" to set them straight?

Just an FYI: A "Stated Value" policy will leave you a few dollars short at claim time, you want an "AGREED VALUE" policy for full and agreed coverage loss

I have an agreed value on mine but it is on the low side  for 45,000 seeing as it  needs to be "cleaned" up..
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Aero426

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on October 06, 2016, 08:01:18 AM

I have an agreed value on mine but it is on the low side  for 45,000 seeing as it  needs to be "cleaned" up..

And that's probably fine.   The higher amount you want, the more the premium will cost per $1000 of value.    If you have multiple cars, it adds up fast.   There is some risk, but you have to decide. 

41husk

with those numbers any 69 C500 in  good shape for under 40k, let me know.  I am definetly in the market at that price :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

RallyeMike

Re. "stated value", how does it work if the other guy who slams into you is insured? Wouldn't Haggerty defer to the other guys insurance and you are right back to battling it out with that guys insurance co?

I tried to read my Haggerty policy, but it's Greek and I fall asleep by page 3.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Dodge Don

Sure they are not confusing the 70 Charger 500 in this? In that case makes sense 500 under R/T prices.

stripedelete

Quote from: Dodge Don on October 06, 2016, 03:01:16 PM
Sure they are not confusing the 70 Charger 500 in this? In that case makes sense 500 under R/T prices.

That's what I was thinking.   Someone decided to phone-it-in on that one and just used the 70 500 info.

kiwitrev

the hagerty values are based on reported sales becomes very difficult on low production cars that don't sell often or are traded privately with low values for various reasons
if it was easy anyone could do it

joining the list my cars group
69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville
TR4
lotus super 7
GTD40
32 roadster and coupe
62 nova57 chev 210 hard top

500Jon

A little low methinks for the RAREST Mopar ever made?
I suppose they think that fitting a window plug, hacking the trunk lid in half and cobbling on a 68 Coronet grille actually devalued a 69 R/T? :smilielol:
I've seen 68/69 R/T's fetching those prices and Mother Mopar made Zillions of them stunners!!! :scratchchin:

+20% for 4-speed is about right as they made 51 of those beauties!!!
ONE stick C500 for each State and half of them suckers were HEMI's... :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
I bet some States never even got one, as they is so remote...

''Common as MUCK'' as we say in ENGLAND... :cheers:

+20% for auto's in the UK, very rare and always breaking down... :nana:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!