News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bulk replating: i.e, latches, wiper motors, etc...

Started by hemi68charger, December 21, 2016, 09:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang...

Getting to the point now where I need to consider replating many components on my Superbird. I'm not looking to replate everything.. The car is in overall great shape, so stuff I can't see, like inside the doors, will be cleaned, treated and corrosion-controlled. But, things like door latches/strikers, wiper motor, housing, etc, I would like to get done to have a nice fresh look. I have reached out to S.F already. Are there any other firms that specialize/know Chryslers?

Thanks..
T
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ODZKing

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemi68charger

Quote from: ODZKing on December 21, 2016, 10:38:35 AM
Kim at Passion for Mopars

Looks like I can only send my wiper motor...... I'd like to have a one-stop shopping experience......

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Mopar Nut

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 21, 2016, 04:34:28 PM
Quote from: ODZKing on December 21, 2016, 10:38:35 AM
Kim at Passion for Mopars

Looks like I can only send my wiper motor...... I'd like to have a one-stop shopping experience......

Troy
Did you call her, she does door latches/strikers too and her husband rebuilds carbs.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mopar Nut on December 21, 2016, 05:16:45 PM
...Did you call her, she does door latches/strikers too and her husband rebuilds carbs.

Nope.. I'll give her a call and/or email.... Just went by their website.....
Troy

ht4spd307

Get a small DIY kit  these CHARGER parts are to expensive to take a chance with .the last car i done i only got 3/4 of the parts back they either melted them or they fell through the baskets .It's not hard to learn the process and most of the chemicals now are alkaline and not acid base which makes them safe to work with.I'm getting fantastic results i do gold ,silver and black phosphate. i wish i could do chrome work but there's a lot more involved I'll leave that to the pro's

green69rt

I've used Allied Powder Coating for some parts so far and am pleased.  In the Houston area.  I haven't used any of their metal finishing services yet but planned to do it later.  Whoever you end up using, how about a shout out.

http://www.alliedpowder.com/metal-finishing/

Oh, and here is a demo for DIY black phosphate, it was mentioned on this forum a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vTn6l5h67A&feature=youtu.be

68RT440

I'm doing my own phosphating on the Charger and I'm very pleased with the results. I want to find a trustworthy shop to do all of my zinc plating. I've also thought about buying the stuff from Caswell, but it seems like a lot of time and room taken up to do the plating for one car...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

ht4spd307

i used a local company here in Australia but caswell is were i get the black from .yes it is a bit of work in preparation  but worth every minute as mentioned I'd rather take an hour more than some shop lose my parts as far as room needed the main zinc tub mine was to fit the bonnet hinges which was a large plastic storage tub 70cm x 30 cm  there is not much bigger than that i would zinc plate but that's me you can go as big as you need  :Twocents:

68RT440

I think I just may give the Caswell deal a shot. I had a hard enough time finding  the correct pieces to begin with...I'd hate to try to find them again if they got lost..
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Charger-Bodie

I had Oshkosh do a quite a bit of stuff. Three different colors 2 week turn around and not including shipping it was less than 200.00 . This is the second time they've done this for me. Couldn't be happier.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............