News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

car dipped ?????

Started by Highbanked Hauler, September 29, 2016, 10:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

IF you have had a car dipped what do you use to rustproof the inside of the rails ? I know there a variety of wands for rust proofing but what kind of product ?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Troy

The only dippers I'd think of using can also do an e-coat dip. On my Challenger I used the Eastwood stuff in a can with the flexible hose but I found a few different spray wands that will let me get just about anything in there. Charger-Bodie uses a product called "Chassis Saver" (magnetpaints.com) and other people have recommended Mastercoat (masterseriescoatings.com). If you have a rotisserie you can tape off some holes, dump a bunch in there, and roll it around.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Troy on September 30, 2016, 10:13:36 AM
The only dippers I'd think of using can also do an e-coat dip. On my Challenger I used the Eastwood stuff in a can with the flexible hose but I found a few different spray wands that will let me get just about anything in there. Charger-Bodie uses a product called "Chassis Saver" (magnetpaints.com) and other people have recommended Mastercoat (masterseriescoatings.com). If you have a rotisserie you can tape off some holes, dump a bunch in there, and roll it around.

Troy

WOW I wasn't aware of the E-coat dip being available. Yes I do have a rotisserie so your idea would work..  The car is not a high end unit so I may have it media blasted but I want the car clean to weld to.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Troy

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on September 30, 2016, 10:47:39 AM

Troy

WOW I wasn't aware of the E-coat dip being available. Yes I do have a rotisserie so your idea would work..  The car is not a high end unit so I may have it media blasted but I want the car clean to weld to.
Yeah, my local one does NOT. The closest to me that does is in Indianapolis. Some also have the ability to bake the car to neutralize any left over acid so it isn't seeping out your paint for the next few years. Of course, all that good stuff makes it more expensive...

Troy

charger chris

Troy

I like that row it around . Never thought of that lol.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

green69rt

I used this stuff inside the frame, the layers of bracing on the trunk lid and hood, inside the a pillars, sprayed it in the inside of the bottoms of the doors.  Anywhere that I can't see.  It's really runny and goes everywhere, it will leak out of any little hole or crack so it probably gets into all the seams.  If it ends up somewhere that you can see and want to paint just wipe off with degreaser or mineral spirits.  Also comes in green :icon_smile_big:

This may be what Troy is talking about.

http://www.eastwood.com/internal-frame-coating-aerosol-black-14oz-54270.html

Troy

Quote from: green69rt on October 22, 2016, 06:09:48 PM
I used this stuff inside the frame, the layers of bracing on the trunk lid and hood, inside the a pillars, sprayed it in the inside of the bottoms of the doors.  Anywhere that I can't see.  It's really runny and goes everywhere, it will leak out of any little hole or crack so it probably gets into all the seams.  If it ends up somewhere that you can see and want to paint just wipe off with degreaser or mineral spirits.  Also comes in green :icon_smile_big:

This may be what Troy is talking about.

http://www.eastwood.com/internal-frame-coating-aerosol-black-14oz-54270.html
Yes. I used the green - it's easy to tell if you missed a spot!

Troy