News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Daytona issues

Started by ihategm, November 14, 2016, 10:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ihategm

Are the rear window reveal moulding clips the same as a standard charger? I tried installing the mouldings, however, the mouldings sit about 1/4" below the body.
Also, what is the easiest way to install the nose cone on the car?

500Jon

Hi GM hater.

I believe there are two different height rear molding clips for the C500-Daytona window trims.

Assemble the nose cone on a bench and get three friends to help you put it on as a complete assembly.
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

Dave Kanofsky

I think the clips are the same as the standard '69 Charger, although if I remember correctly there are two different lengths as you go around the window.

Truth be told, I used the clips that were already installed in my car from the original Charger glass that was removed at Creative...they were nice enough to leave the clips!

As for nose install, I used 7 friends:  2 on the ground, 2 on top, one on each side, and 2 go-fors!
It was already assembled, then slid it in while aligning the brackets that go to the bumper mounts on the sides of the frame rails, then get the latch tray aligned and bolted in
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

pandamarie

I put mine on by myself, assembled the complete nose cone minus the grille put a little padded rolling seat from harbor freight under nose and guided it in nice and slow, once latch tray was lined up I started all the bolts so they were just snug then went under car to run bolts through frame extensions into frame.
After that the rest is easy. I bought one of Janeks heavy duty nose kits that he makes to fit to your car.
Was very easy to assemble and very heavy. Did have to have my wife help me with the fender seals but they wee already installed just needed pushed in while lining it all up.