News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Project - Where do I start?

Started by Vanceric, November 17, 2016, 05:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickrc3

Quote from: Vanceric on November 23, 2016, 06:02:23 PM
Quote from: cdr on November 23, 2016, 04:05:26 PM
$5000.00 labor ?

I second this question... what is an average estimate for this much body work?

$5,000 goes a long way when it comes to my time....

Vanceric, if you can afford it, locate a reputable bodyshop, draft a contract and simply pay the professionals to replace all the sheetmetal. Once all the gaps and lines are established, your efforts in blocking, priming, blocking, priming, and more blocking, priming will save you thousands in labor hours.

Quick story - four years ago, I thought I'd pay a local Bodyman to replace all the rusted steel on my 68' Charger. The agreement was I would contribute my weekend time, thereby reducing his normal hourly rate. No contract, simply cash handed over in an envelope for each task.
In a short period of time I soon realized this was a big mistake - nothing ever got done! He drank heavily, loss his Driver's License, then thrown in jail. Currently, he's MIA.
I was very, very fortunate to get my car (and $10K worth of AMD sheetmetal) out of the garage he rented (which he failed to pay for three months). She's now safely inside a storage unit.
Again, locate a legitimate shop with experience and references. Handshakes and verbal agreements are worthless today.

I now have a contract and scheduled start date with AMD for this March. They will media blast all surfaces, replace all sheetmetal, align gaps, seam seal, and prime. No blocking, priming and paint.

NMike

hemi-hampton

"I now have a contract and scheduled start date with AMD for this March. They will media blast all surfaces, replace all sheetmetal, align gaps, seam seal, and prime. No blocking, priming and paint."

Curious how much AMD charges for that type of work? LEON.