News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger Headlight Switch Connector

Started by ncmiller1, December 30, 2016, 03:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncmiller1

I am in need of the connector that plugs into the back of the headlight switch for my 68, and it seems (based on searching this site) they aren't really available aftermarket unless you buy an entire dash wiring harness.  Has anyone had any luck finding these pigtails?

Thanks in advance for any help!

2Gunz

Ive never seen one lose.

Is it all missing?

You could just use regular spade connectors if you have the stuff for the headlight door vacuum.

I cant remember if vacuum hose and wires are the same assembly.

ncmiller1

I re-wired the car with a Ron Francis kit which worked out really well, but I wanted to use the stock headlight switch so I removed the spade connectors from the GM style switch that came with their kit and plugged them into the back of the headlight and dimmer switch (I never had the original connector unfortunately).  Everything works great I just want to clean up the switch a little with the connector that plugs into the switch so everything is organized. 

I also redid the headlight vacuum system so that the vacuum tubes no longer run into the cab of the car, they run off actuators under the battery tray and I no longer need to worry about the vacuum switch on the headlight switch.

I've been contacting some of the companies that make stock wiring harnesses for our cars but they don't sell parts individually unfortunately.