News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Reassembly Questions. Easy Stuff

Started by chaaargerb, December 15, 2016, 11:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaaargerb

:coolgleamA: Hello to everyone who reads this. I am going thru my parts boxes and getting ready to start cleaning and reassembling my bird. I need to pick your brains. I know this stuff has been asked in the past so maybe there is a link to pictures and discussion.

Here are some questions for today.

1) What texture (color) is the correct trunk mat?
    Does anyone know of any good reproductions?

2) In the corners of the rear side windows there is a black plastic water or dust shield I have 2 different styles.
    1st pair is like what is in a 1969 charger probably about 5 inch long  and about 3 inch wide.
    2nd pair is a lot longer with a bigger rounded edge.
    Both sets look about the same when installed.

3) The front windshield moldings have the 2 wind deflectors on the sides. I'm 99% sure that the standard side chrome was not used under the wind deflectors but          are the factory molding clips under there or are the holes left empty. (I don't remember if they were there or not)

Thanks for any help

maxwellwedge

Here is a pic of my original Bird trunk mat.

They have a texture on top and bottom. Re-pops don't.
ECS is finalizing proper material trunk mats....not out for sale yet.

Aero426

The shiny and untextured reproduction trunk mats are awful and a much needed item. 

thehemikid

chaaargerb

Is This the right style?

chaaargerb

This is the other style I have

Wingnut426

The squared end ones in the first pic are correct for Superbirds and all b-bodies except Chargers.  The big goofy looking ones with the rounded end are Charger only.  WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible