News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clone on Ebay

Started by tan top, January 02, 2017, 07:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevetona

Would it be worth more restored to a C500 or as a Daytona clone? We're a lot of 500s made into Daytonas?

qwick68

I agree that the price is too high.......my opinion, nice car tho
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

70 sublime

I just emailed the ad on ebay and asked if the nose cone and wing were glass or metal
Will let you know what I hear back
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

hemigeno

Quote from: Stevetona on January 03, 2017, 08:59:05 PM
Would it be worth more restored to a C500 or as a Daytona clone? We're a lot of 500s made into Daytonas?

It's not a 1969 Charger 500 (XX29 Aero / fastback).  As already stated, it started life as a 1970 Charger 500 -- which was more-or-less the equivalent of the 1968-9 XP29 "Base" Charger level of trim & options.  Restoring that car to "stock" would strip a ton of value - it's worth way more as a Daytona clone.  Whether it's worth the current asking price, ??   :shruggy:

I do know of a couple '69 C500s that were cloned into Daytonas (the F5 that Dave S./Big Kahuna used to own, and the VERY nice B5 car from Tennessee that was at the last Talladega reunion quickly come to mind), but it's not overly common to see.

alfaitalia

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 04, 2017, 08:32:46 AM
I just emailed the ad on ebay and asked if the nose cone and wing were glass or metal

Unless I'm miss reading it , it clearly says the nose is metal and the wing (or at least the supports of the wing).
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

70 sublime

This is what I got back from my ebay question

New message from: ihavetoomuchstuffman (396)

The nose and wing were hand made by Rick Shields out of Florida. The window plug is from a chevy vega. thanks

70 sublime

Quote from: alfaitalia on January 04, 2017, 10:42:06 AM

Unless I'm miss reading it , it clearly says the nose is metal and the wing (or at least the supports of the wing).

I have read the ad a couple times and never saw that in the listing

1969 Dodge Charger Daytona clone.  Every effort has been made to make this car a mirror image replica of the ultra rare 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona. You would have to be a virtual Daytona expert to verify you are not looking at the real deal. The restoration took years of research and collecting difficult to find parts as well as a huge time commitment of labor to get the details just right. This Daytona was restored to appear very close to the way it would have left the factory with the exception of a few subtle mechanical modifications to improve reliability, drivability and performance over an original.  This car has an all new front to back modern DOT 5 four wheel power disc brake system including all the pads, rotors, calipers, brackets, shields, hoses, lines, master cylinder, booster as well as the parking brake cables front and rear wheel bearings and seals. Rebuilt front suspension with factory 1969 outboard sway bar and new shocks. The rear end is a bulletproof 8 3/4 sure-grip 3:23 posi track with R/T leafs, new air adjustable shocks, new pinion seal as well as the correct green wheel bearings pressed on the axels for the rear disc conversion. The car has a 26" radiator support, a new Direct fit three row Aluminum radiator with stamped tanks and thermo switch controlled dual electric fans mounted in an an aluminum shroud. Mild pro built 440 engine and 727 TorqueFlite Automatic transmission. Correct original 1969 440 Magnum Air cleaner, exhaust manifolds, valve covers, water pump housing, accessory brackets and pulleys. All belts, hoses and clamps, spark plugs, cap, rotor, wires, power steering hoses and lines, alternator, starter, water pump, complete engine wire harness and transmission cooler lines are new as well. New fuel system front to back including the carburetor with electronic choke, filter, pump, all lines, hoses, clamps, sending unit, fuel tank straps, tank mat, filler tube seal and polished stainless steel fuel tank. The exhaust system is a new reproduction with all the correct dimples and bends to mimic the factory system and correct rectangular polished stainless steel R/T exhaust tips. It sounds perfect, not loud but you can hear the cam. The beautiful 1969 interior has been restored with the correct materials by Legendary Auto Interiors of New York. The rock solid body is an original Charger 500 from Texas and still retains its original numbers matching fender tag, dash tag, trunk lip and core support numbers with metal so solid clean you can read the factory number stampings on the bottoms of the frame rails. All gaps, lines and fitment are perfect and measurements were taken under close inspection of original untouched Daytona's. The body is laser straight and the paint is show quality Spies Hecker clear coat. Lots of effort went into refinishing the rock solid undercarriage in the correct colors and finishes with high end materials, the bottom is just as nice as the top. If you have been looking for a new centerpiece to your collection or you want to be the most macho man cruising your block here is your chance. I can help arrange enclosed shipping, the car will remain in my heated storage until transport arrives.

41husk

I know my 69 C500 sported a wing and 70 fenders at one time.  It had a Daytona stripe on the tail when I got it. 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Stevetona

Quote from: hemigeno on January 04, 2017, 09:47:02 AM
Quote from: Stevetona on January 03, 2017, 08:59:05 PM

It's not a 1969 Charger 500 (XX29 Aero / fastback).  As already stated, it started life as a 1970 Charger 500 -- which was more-or-less the equivalent of the 1968-9 XP29 "Base" Charger level of trim & options.  Restoring that car to "stock" would strip a ton of value - it's worth way more as a Daytona clone.  Whether it's worth the current asking price, ??   :shruggy:

I do know of a couple '69 C500s that were cloned into Daytonas (the F5 that Dave S./Big Kahuna used to own, and the VERY nice B5 car from Tennessee that was at the last Talladega reunion quickly come to mind), but it's not overly common to see.

Oops. I immediately saw 500 and assumed it was a '69 fastback.

wingcarenvy

Quote from: Daytona Guy on January 03, 2017, 08:39:18 PM
This is a very nice car. What is nice is that it is ready to go – no build time. Plop your money down and enjoy. Put 20K down and get a 10 year loan, so for 700.00 a month you will have a car that does not depreciate and will be a blast to own.

The price of this car is high, but the build looks really nice. I always want to know where they got their wing :) The market will ultimately set the price. It will either sell or it won't 

Column vs Console and Auto vs Manual  - my 1 cent :)
First off it is a personal preference. I understand why people would like the manual trans, but I never liked them. I tried, just like I tried liking Country music (ha ha- never), but I hate, and that is putting it mildly, manual trans especially in these years because they drive like a truck, they are clunky, chattery, and it gets old shifting when dealing with a lot of HP. I love the quick response of an auto. Yet, it would be nice to be able to pick the gear you want when driving from light to light... 

As for the console, I love their looks and would never get rid of it, yet I would never modify a car to fit one either. They are beautiful but they are built like crap. Plastic with a heavy metal cast top and a cheesy console box that never shuts right is something I do not miss at all. After having a column shift - I love it. I don't need to impress anyone but myself. I love the openness and space in the front with the column shift too. These cars speak for themselves.

It would be nice to know what this sells for?

Dane

I get the column shift argument. Every stock muscle car I own is a stick. I really enjoy strumming through the gears but they need to be set up just right and after years of playing with them I finally figured it out and all of them work properly. I do love a column shifted bad boy though, like a Hemi car or six pack A12 car its kinda taboo but its super fun to drive. My 10 second street car is a column shift and I love it people trip out when they see that.

Moparpoolman

Must really want to sell, price went from $105000 to $89000 to $79000 rather quickly.   :popcrn: Anyone here seen it in person?  :shruggy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-/252707332076?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3ad687dfec:g:kbwAAOSwnHZYarCh&item=252707332076

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: 41husk on January 04, 2017, 12:18:19 PM

I know my 69 C500 sported a wing and 70 fenders at one time.  It had a Daytona stripe on the tail when I got it. 

I have seen your car in Mass. years ago before the stripe and wing.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

A383Wing

wonder how many if not all the bids will get cancelled before the auction ends and the auction cancelled as well if it doesn't go as high as he thinks it should.

Moparpoolman

High bidder only has (14) feedback points :scratchchin:  but he's only 10K away from his last buy it now :shruggy:

triple_green

Has anyone seen this car in person?

Interesting it had a last minute bid-retraction... now only $70K.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

nakita7

Quote from: Daytona Guy on January 03, 2017, 08:39:18 PM

Column vs Console and Auto vs Manual  - my 1 cent :)
First off it is a personal preference. I understand why people would like the manual trans, but I never liked them. I tried, just like I tried liking Country music (ha ha- never), but I hate, and that is putting it mildly, manual trans especially in these years because they drive like a truck, they are clunky, chattery, and it gets old shifting when dealing with a lot of HP. I love the quick response of an auto. Yet, it would be nice to be able to pick the gear you want when driving from light to light... 

Yep.

I am looking for a Wing Car Clone to buy and have absolutely NO interest in a standard. Zero. Actually, most clones I've seen for sale are standards because that's "what everyone wants". Having owned many Mopars since I was 15 (many of which were standards), and having a Class 1 and driving truck, I understand there is a time and a season and a reason to 'shift gears'...but the novelty wears off. I like to drive my cars, not work my cars. Drag racing has figured it out (it's about the engine, not the clutch), modern autos are getting better mileage that standards, modern semi's seem to be working out, you will replace 4 clutches before you have to replace an auto trans. I have never heard ONE reason as to why a stick is physically 'better' than an auto ("it's more fun" is not a reason). And, when you sell a standard, you can only sell to half the market for that car (ask a car salesman)! Just my  :Twocents:  :coolgleamA:

Now, back on topic. One of the more correct clones I've seen for sale. Don't like the 4x4/Starsky and Hutch look personally (I like Mopars the way Chrysler built them). I hope those are true bids, not 'ghost bidders', so that we can get the true Market Value of the car. It's refreshing to see actual 'auctions' on Ebay like this. Miss those days. Nowadays it's just people playing games to "see what they can get". That gets old very fast.

Tip for everyone who goes on Ebay: On left side of the page you can click on 'Sold Auctions' and then view the cars properly. Whole different world...

I realize these cars cost a crap load of money to build, but this does seem a bit high for a clone(?). Let's see what it brings!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: nakita7 on January 19, 2017, 01:41:41 AM
I have never heard ONE reason as to why a stick is physically 'better' than an auto

Remember those words when your out late at night in the middle of nowhere, no phone, no help and your starter dies in your "automatic" equipped vehicle, how you going to push start that?....Hmmmm

alfaitalia

These new fangled vehicles with no starter crank handle eh????.......! They will never catch on! LOL!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Dino

Not sure if it's all that high. I can't build one this nice for that amount of money. I'd be bidding on it if I had the funds and garage space.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

41husk

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 08, 2017, 03:13:07 PM
Quote from: 41husk on January 04, 2017, 12:18:19 PM

I have seen your car in Mass. years ago before the stripe and wing.
Yup, it used to be out east.  I can't wait to get her back on the road!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

500Jon

Nicely cloned BUT!

Its a Nascar not a Drag-car!
If you took that round a fast oval you be over the guard-rail before you could say, Ford or Chev!!! :slap:
Kinda reminds me of the Wonderful BIG-WILLIE car.

Get them stupid wheels off and slam it onto da ground ASAP... :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

GO LOW or GO HOME... :coolgleamA:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

nakita7

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 19, 2017, 09:52:21 AM
I have never heard ONE reason as to why a stick is physically 'better' than an auto

Remember those words when your out late at night in the middle of nowhere, no phone, no help and your starter dies in your "automatic" equipped vehicle, how you going to push start that?....Hmmmm

I stand corrected. I'll have to give you that one! Been there... :icon_smile_dissapprove:

cudavic

Tip for everyone who goes on Ebay: On left side of the page you can click on 'Sold Auctions' and then view the cars properly. Whole different world...

Can you tell me how to do this as I cannot seem to find "Sold Auctions" anywhere on the left side of the ebay page.

Never mind I finally figured it out.  :brickwall: