News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona back window glass options ?

Started by 70 sublime, January 09, 2017, 09:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

I have posted an ad in our local on line classifieds looking for parts for my Daytona clone project

I had previously thought I had found a bunch of parts but pretty sure it was a hoax as I never got any pictures
With many delays and excuses when it came right down to it to go see them they got stolen the night before (yea right) so I started searching again and posted my ad

I had one guy respond about an hour away from me that was also building a clone with a Vega hatch but he also has a metal reproduction Daytona plug he would like to sell
A bit pricey but is correct

I saw it in person yesterday and it looks good

Before I go this route I need to figure out the window glass part of the puzzel

What is out there that is available that will fit and how much $$$$ is it going to cost me to get it to my home in Canada ?
I do not need a glass with a 1969 date code on it

What have others used ?

Would even a piece of Lexen work to get the car going ?
If I weld in the plug and do not like the cheap glass it would not be hard to upgrade it and put in a fancy correct piece later on 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 09, 2017, 09:53:51 AM
I have posted an ad in our local on line classifieds looking for parts for my Daytona clone project

I had previously thought I had found a bunch of parts but pretty sure it was a hoax as I never got any pictures
With many delays and excuses when it came right down to it to go see them they got stolen the night before (yea right) so I started searching again and posted my ad

I had one guy respond about an hour away from me that was also building a clone with a Vega hatch but he also has a metal reproduction Daytona plug he would like to sell

What is out there that is available that will fit and how much $$$$ is it going to cost me to get it to my home in Canada ?

What have others used ?

If I weld in the plug and do not like the cheap glass it would not be hard to upgrade it and put in a fancy correct piece later on  

There was a reproduction Daytona window glass in the parts for sale section not too long ago...I think he was in Oregon or Washington state.

Nwcharger

I have an aftermarket Daytona rear window For sale
1969 coronet wagon

Aero426

If you use the OEM Daytona rear glass and plug, you will also need to buy the rear window trim.   So it's more correct, but more expense.   

70 sublime

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 09, 2017, 10:59:01 AM

What have others used ?

There was a reproduction Daytona window glass in the parts for sale section not too long ago...I think he was in Oregon or Washington state.

What glass did you use in your car ?

70 sublime

Quote from: Nwcharger on January 09, 2017, 11:29:25 AM
I have an aftermarket Daytona rear window For sale

After Daytona R/T SE pointed it out I saw your ad
Says you would prefer local pick up and I can understand that

Are you willing to pack it up safe and ship it ?
Any idea how much that would cost without going to all the trouble to box it up ?

I am just trying to get an idea how much everything will cost if I go this route before I start spending any money

Daytona R/T SE

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 09, 2017, 12:35:55 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 09, 2017, 10:59:01 AM

I had previously thought I had found a bunch of parts but nopretty sure it was a hoax as I never got any pictures

What have others used ?

What glass did you use in your car ?

I got mine from Iowa glass( no longer in business) several years ago.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Aero426 on January 09, 2017, 11:37:05 AM
If you use the OEM Daytona rear glass and plug, you will also need to buy the rear window trim.   So it's more correct, but more expense.    

Trim for a clone is easy to make :Twocents:

I have a thread on here somewhere...

70 sublime

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 09, 2017, 01:05:41 PM
If you use the OEM Daytona rear glass and plug, you will also need to buy the rear window trim.   So it's more correct, but more expense.    

Yup
I already looked it up  :2thumbs:

odcics2

I have a set of original rear glass trim for sale... (in parts for sale section)

It's been confirmed the repops don't fit worth a %^&* !!    :o
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 09, 2017, 02:03:24 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 09, 2017, 01:05:41 PM

Yup
I already looked it up  :2thumbs:

:cheers:

70 sublime

Quote from: odcics2 on January 09, 2017, 02:27:12 PM
I have a set of original rear glass trim for sale... (in parts for sale section)

Well I would have to decide do I want a metal Daytona window plug , glass to fit the plug ,enough Charger window trim to piece together some trim , new head liner , new seat covers for front and back seats 

OR

5 pieces of window trim that came off a real Daytona

Thanks for the offer but I think I will pass on them for now  :icon_smile_big:

odcics2

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 09, 2017, 07:55:01 PM
Quote from: odcics2 on January 09, 2017, 02:27:12 PM

Well I would have to decide do I want a metal Daytona window plug , glass to fit the plug ,enough Charger window trim to piece together some trim , new head liner , new seat covers for front and back seats 

OR

5 pieces of window trim that came off a real Daytona

Thanks for the offer but I think I will pass on them for now 

Agreed - for that price, they belong on a real Daytona.   :coolgleamA:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?