News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1974 charger se sunroof?

Started by Fluffy Zyox, January 23, 2017, 09:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy Zyox

Hello all! im brand new to the forum and i did not see an introduction topic, so ill do it here i guess!

Not a road runner, just a satellite sebring plus -------->

A little bit about me~
Im an 18 year old male and my father had a 1972 Plymouth satellite sebring plus when i was young, we rarely drove it. But sadly he sold it about 10 years ago ive been looking for one until last year! we ran across a 30 year mopar collector and saw the satellite bumper mixed in with all the other muscle, and it was almost a perfect match i couldn't resist buying it~ here is a recent video of her! https://youtu.be/VRFB2BqiJJ8

now onto the charger~
this is another one we saw sitting there, my father likes the chargers and i do as well, there a mean looking mopar!
this one really caught my eye, and he isnt to keen on selling it, but he has made the choice to let it go, for 10 grand. first ill share some features! black bucket seats, slap stick console, rallye dash, power windows and of corse the sunroof, and some bad, almost all the floor pans need to be replaced as well as both rear quarters and some interior needs replacing. the original 318 has been replaced with a 360 four barrel

Now my questions!
1) Dose anyone know how many of the 1974 charger se's come with a sunroof?
2) Is the price not too crazy?

The vin# is wp29g4g150516 if you want to look it up!

Nacho-RT74

hello and welcome.

honestly 10K sound a bit high even having sunroof. 73/74 SEs are not the favorites ones. all SEs got Rallye gauges. Powered windows are quite common on them.

with the body job it needs, I would keep away at least for that price. Maybe 3 or 3.5K tops and thats just because is SUNROOF CAR, because if not, maybe 2.5K could be too much LOL... is just an opinion
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

70 sublime

Welcome to the group

Sounds like you are a fellow Canadian eh  :2thumbs:

Does not sound like the owner really wants to sell it but you kept bugging him till he gave you a price
$10 000 is way too much for that car the way it sits

Just stay in touch with the owner and put your time and money into the blue car
Get it all done then go back and visit the Charger to see if he has changed his price at all
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

Had another look at the Charger picture

Did not notice the flames on the hood the first time  ;)

Fluffy Zyox

yes indeed another Canadian!

I'm surprised how low your putting those numbers!
but i have more pictures of it, tho the forum only allows a max picture size of 200kb! allot of the pictures now days are over a mb! man i had to make them small! she has been restored at one point, red then blue and now a kind of red or orange with flames as you pointed out!

and he has a few other cars im a bit interested in, so ill get your opinion on them, he has a 1972 charger rt big block, its pretty rough tho, a 1968 (or 69) fast back mustang thats very nice and probably 8 or 9 1960's to 1970 charger's that are also cool.. along with 7 more 1972 - 1973 chargers 2 are big block cars what would you guys go for?

70 sublime

Does he have any 68 69 or 70 Chargers in the condition of the 74 Charger ?
Those are the cars you should be chasing down
If you are 18 you are not made of money
Keep track of the owner of the pile of cars
Do not be pushy but do not give up either and see if you can get a 68 69 70 Charger ( they are the cars at the top of the most wanted cars list out there)

PS try not to tell every one where your gold mine is or it will not be there when you get back  :icon_smile_wink:

Fluffy Zyox

from what i can see the majority are very complete cars, but i have not inspected them myself for rust and such, my father is a hard one to sway, he wants a 1973-1974 because how the trunk flips up at the back, but i also like the older chargers, Ill be going back up there very soon so i can do a little browsing, heck maybe snap a picture or two to drool over! but i have no idea if he even wants to sell them or what price they would run at. I will have to ask. and while im not made of dough i do work around 100 hours every two weeks so if i stuck with it i could put a dent in his hoard  :lol:

And I'm sorry to say, for his sake and mine i wont be telling, its not really my right to tell!

l
l     dont mind this, its a
\/ signature image reference~

ralley72

Welcome to the board. I agree with the others on the 74 SE, I would say around $ 1,500.00 to $ 2,000.00 tops. Form your description of floor rust there may be frame and firewall rust too, just be carefully and look it over real good. Not to many reproduction body parts available.
Be patient and the right car will come along.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Nacho-RT74

Well, the last RT was assemblied in 71, so no 72 RT. Was replaced by the Rallye Package

An RT has a 440 by default with the HEMI option. No other engine, not even 383.

The Rallye package available in 72/74 was standard with 318 but with 340 ( replaced by the 360 on 74 ) 400 and 440 as options. The 340 was optioned just on Rallyes.

I'm talking about low number per your description needing several body panels replaced, and not easy to replace. Talking in US$. But anyway, a fully CORRECTLY restored 73/74 SE with small block USUALLY doesn't get more than 15-16K on the market. So if you pay 9-10K for a car needing body panels think you are way out of the market.

I can see something weird on the SE with the chromed seat back release buttons. They were chromed just on second half of 71 and 72. 73/74 are color keyed.

Doesn't have the vinyl top which was part of the SE by default, no molds, no matching engine... local upholstery cheap job, no A/C ( yes maybe in Canada was not really necesary, but that adds to the price ), two speeds wiper, AM mono Radio althought with rear speaker option. It got rear deffog, although dunno if is still there. Its nice it got tuff wheel. Standard bumper guards ( and fronts are missed )

It got a mix of nice couple options but on a pretty basic equipment for an SE.

Once again is just an opinion. Maybe I'm wrong?

If body job is not really hard like it sounds by your description, maybe the car could be on 5-6K rate if car runs ? But I don't think on 10K ever. Not in CAN$ even less in US$. No matter if got sunroof

Will depend also on your final idea of the project... restore to the original look or a more custom job ? That will add more or less on the investment

Oh! And, all 71/74 trunks flip up the same on rear ( deck lid interchanges ) just that the 73/74 rear body line shape at the end adds to the flip up ilusion.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Bob

Welcome to the site.
The 10k is the "I don't want to sell it" price.

Bob

Fluffy Zyox

Well thanks for all your answers! I'm no expert on these cars but I will say they are allot cheaper in the USA and more plentiful, but 1.5 to 2k is just dirt cheap you will not find any mopar for that price here hell just finding them is hard! Just converting a car to the slap stick console will set you back about 1000$ And the Canadian salt eats these cars alive.

The interior in the car is somewhat custom

But thank you nacho-RT74 for typing all that out and sharing some knowledge :) I would agree that 6k sounds right for the car, but there's no way he would let it go for that, if I want the car I'm going to have to take the loss. I'll see if he has any decent 1970 chargers~

Another few more things I'm going to ask, what is a price range for a 1970 charger and maybe a 1970-71 challenger?

Nacho-RT74

3 times more for a same conditons car ? LOL

need to note maybe more ppl could add more experience and opinions about this car being posted on General Discussion instead here on General Q&A. Also I'm not THE EXPERT, specially because I'm not from NorthAmerica or even live there. I have opinions just by what I have being watching all these years. Lot of variables about final prices according with the NorthAmerica area the car is.

I know northeast areas are winter and salt affected damaging sheetmetal while southwest is just right the opposite, BUT, interior parts allong with weatherstrips are the worst damage they get instead due the heat. That affects the price and changes your project. 73/74 cars doesn't get a lot ( if any ) of GOOD sheetmetal parts available, but interior parts are a pain in the ass. Not seat covers really, but interior plastic panels. There is not quality manufacturers of them for our beloved 3rd gens and still they make expensive parts. DON'T ASK ME HOW I KNOW IT  :brickwall: :RantExplode:

at this moment dunno what I preffer, damaged sheet metal, or damaged interior panels. I'm pretty sure preffer to repair a body panel than live with bad interior parts, although a repaired body panel is never the same than a nice repro replacement... but at the end is hidden by the body job and paint ( if good job )! while interior parts are allways visible.

Fluffy Zyox

Whelp that ends that! LOL one day, tho i cant resist asking never the less~

whats appealing about this 74 is the front is MINT no rust no dents, the fenders are perfect the rockers are beautiful, its just the floor that has me worried. we have looked it over thoroughly its a tough call for me, we are going to take a jack up there and lift her up to see the sub frame better, if there rusty ill be looking for a different car, maybe try to see if he will part with a 1970 charger (if there nice) i have loved the tail lights, grill and bumpers on them, they are a darn mean looking car in general.

and as you said i might try to remake this topic on a different thread

Thanks Nacho-RT74 and 70 sublime :)

70 sublime

Yes if that was a 70 Charger in the shape of the 74 he would be asking $20 000 for it and it would sell long before the 74 will for $10 000