News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Clone on Ebay

Started by tan top, January 02, 2017, 07:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farm966

Type in whatever you are looking for in the search bar, before you select a car, scroll down and look on the left. You can select the button for "completed listings" or "sold listings" to give you some more information. Definately a good tip, thanks.

wingcarenvy

Quote from: nakita7 on January 19, 2017, 01:41:41 AM
Quote from: Daytona Guy on January 03, 2017, 08:39:18 PM

Column vs Console and Auto vs Manual  - my 1 cent :)
First off it is a personal preference. I understand why people would like the manual trans, but I never liked them. I tried, just like I tried liking Country music (ha ha- never), but I hate, and that is putting it mildly, manual trans especially in these years because they drive like a truck, they are clunky, chattery, and it gets old shifting when dealing with a lot of HP. I love the quick response of an auto. Yet, it would be nice to be able to pick the gear you want when driving from light to light... 

Yep.

I am looking for a Wing Car Clone to buy and have absolutely NO interest in a standard. Zero. Actually, most clones I've seen for sale are standards because that's "what everyone wants". Having owned many Mopars since I was 15 (many of which were standards), and having a Class 1 and driving truck, I understand there is a time and a season and a reason to 'shift gears'...but the novelty wears off. I like to drive my cars, not work my cars. Drag racing has figured it out (it's about the engine, not the clutch), modern autos are getting better mileage that standards, modern semi's seem to be working out, you will replace 4 clutches before you have to replace an auto trans. I have never heard ONE reason as to why a stick is physically 'better' than an auto ("it's more fun" is not a reason). And, when you sell a standard, you can only sell to half the market for that car (ask a car salesman)! Just my  :Twocents:  :coolgleamA:

Now, back on topic. One of the more correct clones I've seen for sale. Don't like the 4x4/Starsky and Hutch look personally (I like Mopars the way Chrysler built them). I hope those are true bids, not 'ghost bidders', so that we can get the true Market Value of the car. It's refreshing to see actual 'auctions' on Ebay like this. Miss those days. Nowadays it's just people playing games to "see what they can get". That gets old very fast.

Tip for everyone who goes on Ebay: On left side of the page you can click on 'Sold Auctions' and then view the cars properly. Whole different world...

I realize these cars cost a crap load of money to build, but this does seem a bit high for a clone(?). Let's see what it brings!

Well said, but I disagree. ""it's more fun" is not a reason" should be THE ONLY reason. I build my cars to be "fun" and a stick shift is where its at. A clutch is 350 dollars for a good quality, 120 for a stock replacement McCleod clutch and its $1500 to rebuild an automatic (with a cheap converter). I won't go through 5 clutches in the life of an automatic, so economically it does't make sense. And when you sell a standard you are selling to 90% of the market not half. Just because you have two choices doesn't mean half will go one way and half will go the other.

Highbanked Hauler

I still have the original clutch in my car with 90K on it and it isn't down to the rivets yet. :Twocents:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

birdsandbees

Similar deal here... here's mine.. installed in 1979/80. 45,000 miles and a lot of hard clutch slam'n Friday nights and Sundays at the Luskville Quebec drag strip !  :scratchchin:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487