News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

electric fuel pump with pick up

Started by 1974dodgecharger, March 08, 2017, 02:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

Will a stock pickup with 1/2 inch send and 1/4 return work with a A1000 fuel pump for a fuel injected car?

justcruisin

The 1/2" pump output will be fine. The 1/4 return may be a problem at low demand. The way to check would be to hook it up and see what sort of pressure you have at the fuel rail. If it is greater than your regulator setting (45 psi?) the 1/4 return is a restriction.
If you are planing on using the standard pick up (I think they are 3/8") this could also be a problem.
Most injected systems run a gravity feed to the pump of 1/2" or greater - or the pump is in-tank.
Some may say it is fine and it may well be but it is not ideal. On high demand you could over tax the supply.
An in-tank pump in a swirl pot is best- IMO.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: justcruisin on March 08, 2017, 04:55:40 AM
The 1/2" pump output will be fine. The 1/4 return may be a problem at low demand. The way to check would be to hook it up and see what sort of pressure you have at the fuel rail. If it is greater than your regulator setting (45 psi?) the 1/4 return is a restriction.
If you are planing on using the standard pick up (I think they are 3/8") this could also be a problem.
Most injected systems run a gravity feed to the pump of 1/2" or greater - or the pump is in-tank.
Some may say it is fine and it may well be but it is not ideal. On high demand you could over tax the supply.
An in-tank pump in a swirl pot is best- IMO.

damn, ok....

randy73

Didn't 74 gas tanks have like 4 lines with 1 being out the other 3 in?

If so run a 1/2" line back and split into multiple lines into the tank.