News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 Door Barracuda - Complete

Started by ECS, March 24, 2017, 11:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ECS

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 30, 2017, 10:34:30 AM
That's not the one I saw either.

Please accept my apology if this last comment came across in a personal manner to anyone.  It has nothing to do with anyone posting here!  It is a subtle "tongue & cheek" mention that  I thought I should clear it up.  Sorry for any confusion Master Bodie.  I hope to see some of the other interviews you mentioned and not get them so mixed up.  Thank you!
TIME WILL INEVITABLY UNCOVER DISHONESTY AND LIES!

Davtona

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 29, 2017, 05:10:36 PM
Quote from: ECS on December 29, 2017, 03:47:33 PM

I just received my "custom" made rubber material for the Trunk Mats that I've been working on for quite some time now.  I couldn't be more pleased.  It took MONTHS but I had the rubber reproduced PERFECTLY!  The design on the back, thickness, firmness, etc......  No more having to spend $2500 on NOS versions.  We're going to even do all of the different printing designs to make sure the artwork is exact.  And to think it all happened on the final day of the working year!  Very exciting news........ :2thumbs:

This is great news!!!

Agreed great news. X2  :2thumbs:

ECS

Quote from: Davtona on December 30, 2017, 11:43:46 AM
Quote from: Charger-Bodie on December 29, 2017, 05:10:36 PM
Quote from: ECS on December 29, 2017, 03:47:33 PM

I just received my "custom" made rubber material for the Trunk Mats that I've been working on for quite some time now.  I couldn't be more pleased.  It took MONTHS but I had the rubber reproduced PERFECTLY!  The design on the back, thickness, firmness, etc......  No more having to spend $2500 on NOS versions.  We're going to even do all of the different printing designs to make sure the artwork is exact.  And to think it all happened on the final day of the working year!  Very exciting news........ :2thumbs:

This is great news!!!

Agreed great news. X2  :2thumbs:

I can't wait to get these started.  It was SO hard trying to get the right material fabricated.  I had tried for month after month after month, with nothing but dead ends to show for it.  Then the sample finally arrived.  I couldn't have asked for a better match.  I PROMISE you guys who have waited for these are going to love them.  They will be very affordable and match the originals as close to possible.  We're even going to have the correct, white stenciling on the backside if requested.

ECS

I thought I would clear up some of what had been said earlier.  I had "promoted" some of of the coverage of the this Project has started getting after our touring of it the last few months.  I was told I was a "liar" and had spread falsehoods about the car and the coverage.  As said before, there was lots of conversation about the original Roger Johnson story and the possibility of an actual concept being made.  If you don't believe it was ever made, that is fine!  If you hate the car that is fine!  If you think it's the ugliest, most ridiculous looking thing in the world, that is also fine!  I have no problem with the varying opinions from anyone who hates the story, design or does not agree with the concept.  

The only fact I want to present is that I have simply SHARED the information about the "stories" I was told.  I happen to believe what I've been told and Chysler produced one of these concepts cars.  We can agree to disagree on that point.  Below are the points the someone had said I "lied" about related to the car.  For the record, I presented point by point FACTS that 100% refuted the incorrect libel that was being touted by this person.  All of his defamatory opinions were proven to be 100% false.

HOT ROD Magazine cover car twice - FALSE
Best of Show at Carlyle - FALSE! Did not win
Carlysle Editors Choice Award - FALSE! No such award.
Worldwide recognition on Velocity Cable Television - WRONG/UNPROVEN..where?> when?...how?
TOP 10 MOPAR vehicle of the Year - WRONG/UNPROVEN...where? ..when..how?
The Most Custom Car at the 2017 SEMA venue - WRONG/UNPROVEN....COULD NOT FIND ANY PROOF!

TOTALLY LAUGHABLE.

odcics2

Many moons ago, I suggested really, really trying hard to find one vintage factory photo of the car...
I suggested even offering a monetary reward to help get folks motivated!

Just one old pic, from any angle would really shut down the naysayers.

That being said:  Impeccable craftsmanship!   :coolgleamA:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

ECS

Quote from: odcics2 on December 30, 2017, 05:10:44 PM
Many moons ago, I suggested really, really trying hard to find one vintage factory photo of the car...
I suggested even offering a monetary reward to help get folks motivated!

Just one old pic, from any angle would really shut down the naysayers.

That being said:  Impeccable craftsmanship!   :coolgleamA:

Thank you very much.  While at a few of the Auto Shows I was approached by 3 different people who worked for Chrysler years ago.  All 3 said they had seen the Black & White photo of the actual car.  I even recorded an interview with one person giving his account but promised not to display the footage because he didn't want to be involved in the forum drama.  I hope he reads this and will come here to give his first hand account of actually holding and viewing the Black & White picture of the 4 Door Concept Barracuda.  He said he knew he would end up talking to me in person and was "positive" about seeing the car and looking at the photo.

resq302

Quote from: ECS on December 30, 2017, 04:57:12 PM

I thought I would clear up some of what had been said earlier.  I had "promoted" some of of the coverage of the this Project has started getting after our touring of it the last few months.  I was told I was a "liar" and had spread falsehoods about the car and the coverage.  As said before, there was lots of conversation about the original Roger Johnson story and the possibility of an actual concept being made.  If you don't believe it was ever made, that is fine!  If you hate the car that is fine!  If you think it's the ugliest, most ridiculous looking thing in the world, that is also fine!  I have no problem with the varying opinions from anyone who hates the story, design or does not agree with the concept.  

The only fact I want to present is that I have simply SHARED the information about the "stories" I was told.  I happen to believe what I've been told and Chysler produced one of these concepts cars.  We can agree to disagree on that point.  Below are the points the someone had said I "lied" about related to the car.  For the record, I presented point by point FACTS that 100% refuted the incorrect libel that was being touted by this person.  All of his defamatory opinions were proven to be 100% false.

HOT ROD Magazine cover car twice - FALSE
Best of Show at Carlyle - FALSE! Did not win
Carlysle Editors Choice Award - FALSE! No such award.
Worldwide recognition on Velocity Cable Television - WRONG/UNPROVEN..where?> when?...how?
TOP 10 MOPAR vehicle of the Year - WRONG/UNPROVEN...where? ..when..how?
The Most Custom Car at the 2017 SEMA venue - WRONG/UNPROVEN....COULD NOT FIND ANY PROOF!

TOTALLY LAUGHABLE.

Dave,

How can the stuff in red be lies?  I was out at Carlisle this year when the guy who writes the Hurst articles said you were getting that award.  The Top 10 MOPAR vehicle of the year was in Mopar Collectors Guide.  Whoever said that either has to be nuts or drunk on something !
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on December 30, 2017, 08:42:16 PM

How can the stuff in red be lies?  I was out at Carlisle this year when the guy who writes the Hurst articles said you were getting that award.  The Top 10 MOPAR vehicle of the year was in Mopar Collectors Guide.  Whoever said that either has to be nuts or drunk on something !

The guy making the comments is Tom Gronowicz.  He involved himself in a build that never affected him and should never have been a subject of libel interest.  He had no involvement or participation in its fabrication.  He chose to make it personal by involving himself for no reason other than to harm and discredit the 4 Door Barracuda branding and development.  

He invested 4 years on various Social Medias, starting more than 15 threads to discredit, create defamatory statements about its construction, advertising and sponsorships.  This has gone FAR beyond not believing a story or liking the way it looks.  Like I said, I couldn't care less if people like the look, design or whatever.  I wouldn't know or recognize this guy if he walked up and said hello.  How can someone involve themselves into a project that doesn't affect them in the LEAST and then blame me for defending the lies told about my work?  Bad move!  He's a warped individual.  Here's the proof showing the newest lies told by this guy.

Gronowicz quote - HOT ROD Magazine cover car twice - FALSE
Factual Evidence: October & December Cover of HOT ROD Magazines.

ECS

Gronowicz quote - Carlysle Editors Choice Award - FALSE! No such award.
Factual Evidence: Rich Truesdell Celebrity Choice Award for Hurst and Carlisle venue.

ECS

Gronowicz quote - Best of Show at Carlyle - FALSE! Did not win  
Factual Evidence: Rich Truesdell; Celebrity/Editior Choice Award -  Video statement conveying "Best of Show" 4 Door Barracuda.

https://youtu.be/hQ_NsNM4OTw

ECS

Gronowicz quote - Worldwide recognition on Velocity Cable Television - WRONG/UNPROVEN..where?> when?...how? 
Factual Evidence: Velocity Television, SEMA National Motorhead Garage - 4 Door Barracuda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic6OKyjVUg4

ECS

Gronowicz quote - TOP 10 MOPAR vehicle of the Year - WRONG/UNPROVEN...where? ..when..how?
Factual Evidence: Top Ten Award-MCG

ECS

Gronowicz quote - The Most Custom Car at the 2017 SEMA venue - WRONG/UNPROVEN....COULD NOT FIND ANY PROOF!"
Factual Evidence: Velocity TV Producer and Video Consultant for Lokar Car Show - 2017 SEMA Event. "We're looked ALL over SEMA, what we're looking for is customized cars and we've not seen ANY that's more customized than this Barracuda".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqBciQJ5yXs

ECS

Quote from: resq302 on December 30, 2017, 08:42:16 PM

How can the stuff in red be lies?  I was out at Carlisle this year when the guy who writes the Hurst articles said you were getting that award.  The Top 10 MOPAR vehicle of the year was in Mopar Collectors Guide.  Whoever said that either has to be nuts or drunk on something !

Keep in mind that I never entered the Car in ANY type of competition other than the Battle of the Builders at SEMA.  The entire purpose of the vehicle was "Display Only" at every Show.  All of the awards from Carlisle were unsolicited and given on the merit of the Car.  The same goes for the MCACN Show and the MATS Show.  The mention of the Car being more "Custom" than other other car was provided by a Velocity Representative whose job was to find the most "Custom built Cars" for their upcoming Lokar Velocity Show.  His professional claims on the Car were unsolicited of his assessment.  Those who saw the car at SEMA to make their determination, who works within the Industry, knew FAR more than anyone who never saw the vehicle or the Engineering that went into it.  

pettybird

You, uh, having fun muttering to yourself again?

ECS

Quote from: pettybird on January 01, 2018, 10:21:57 PM
You, uh, having fun muttering to yourself again?

Bt the fact that you commented, you must reading and taking it in.  Are you enjoying the "muttering" so far?  I certainly wouldn't want to disappoint!

pettybird

No.  At this point it's simply tedious. 

ECS

Quote from: pettybird on January 02, 2018, 01:13:11 PM
No.  At this point it's simply tedious. 

Sorry for the bother.  I actually have a purpose for this.  Just ignore it.  Thanks!

303 Mopar

I vote to close this topic since it has NOTHING to do with a Dodge Charger, and this is a Dodge Charger forum.   :2thumbs:
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 02, 2018, 04:33:25 PM
I vote to close this topic since it has NOTHING to do with a Dodge Charger, and this is a Dodge Charger forum.   :2thumbs:

If that's the case, there's at last count 30 different topics just on page 1 that have absolutely nothing to do with Chargers at all.... IIRC this is the "car guys discussion" section of the forum, and is not limited to just Chargers (which can really get somewhat monotonous at times) is it not?

besides I generally find that if I don't like a particular subject or even person, say for example: the "snap on orange hammer" thread in this forum section, I just gloss over it, and ignore it, you could try that here?  :scratchchin: :shruggy: and when did DC.com turn into "Survivor" where we now elect to "vote"?  :slap: :icon_smile_big:

303 Mopar

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 02, 2018, 05:37:05 PM
I vote to close this topic since it has NOTHING to do with a Dodge Charger, and this is a Dodge Charger forum.   :2thumbs:

If that's the case, there's at last count 30 different topics just on page 1 that have absolutely nothing to do with Chargers at all.... IIRC this is the "car guys discussion" section of the forum, and is not limited to just Chargers (which can really get somewhat monotonous at times) is it not?

besides I generally find that if I don't like a particular subject or even person, say like the "snap on orange hammer" thread in this forum section, I just gloss over it, and ignore it, you could try that?  :scratchchin: :shruggy: and when did DC.com turn into "Survivor" where we now elect to "vote"?  :slap: :icon_smile_big:

Sorry DAY CLONA, I didn't your name as a mod for this section.  I will wait for a mod to address.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 02, 2018, 05:45:03 PM

besides I generally find that if I don't like a particular subject or even person, say like the "snap on orange hammer" thread in this forum section, I just gloss over it, and ignore it, you could try that?  :scratchchin: :shruggy: and when did DC.com turn into "Survivor" where we now elect to "vote"?  :slap: :icon_smile_big:

Sorry DAY CLONA, I didn't your name as a mod for this section.  I will wait for a mod to address.

If I decide to run for that office, can I count on your vote?... :2thumbs:

303 Mopar

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 02, 2018, 05:49:02 PM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 02, 2018, 05:45:03 PM

If I decide to run for that office, can I count on your vote?... :2thumbs:

Feel free, I would not want that job......

Charger-Bodie

I vote to close this topic since it has NOTHING to do with a Dodge Charger, and this is a Dodge Charger forum.   :2thumbs:

This is a car, in  the car guys section. If you don't like the thread stay out of it.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

303 Mopar

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on January 02, 2018, 05:56:03 PM

This is a car, in  the car guys section. If you don't like the thread stay out of it.

Sorry guys, I tried.....