News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

906 heads on a 400 block???

Started by DoubleDlover, April 17, 2017, 08:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

So i have a 400 block with dog bone water passages on the deck. I have a set of 68 906 heads. round water passages. If i bolt them on will everything be ok? Or will i blow the car up?

cdr

It will be fine,,although you still could blow it up. :2thumbs:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

daveco

If I am not mistaken, all big block heads (non Hemi) are compatible with all big block (non Hemi) blocks.
Maybe some exceptions with genuine Super Stock Max Wedge parts. The issue there would be with intake & exhaust manifolds.
R/Tree