News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found a 68 charger in a junkyard!

Started by Baldwinvette77, March 31, 2017, 12:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baldwinvette77

I didn't really get a whole lot done, but i cut the quarters off so i could stick on quarter skins that are now backordered, i made a trunk floor extension, made a cowl plenum to hold the wipers and um.. i got vent windows... i think thats it  :lol:

Also heres a picture of it sitting at the junkyard

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 17, 2017, 11:25:35 AM
Just wondering, what does a junk sell a car for a price. :shruggy:

Are you asking what junkyard sells a car, or what did i pay?

Stevearino

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on June 17, 2017, 10:58:26 AM
That hellcat is going to be freaking awesome, i'd like to see how the charger body handles highspeed, isn't the hellcat 4 door charger faster than the challenger just because of aerodynamics?

Yes the Hell Cat Charger is slightly faster due to aero. With 707hp though I think we are splitting hairs. :lol:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

djcarguy

djcarguy

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on May 31, 2017, 05:49:51 PM
Quote from: bull on April 30, 2017, 08:39:53 PM
I'm curious to know what a wrecking yard would ask for something like that.

i just realized i never answered that, it was $1000 canadian, about $750 USD
:cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: djcarguy on June 28, 2017, 09:52:41 PM
Quote from: djcarguy on June 18, 2017, 06:00:46 AM
:drool5: :popcrn: :drool5: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
:yesnod:

quarter skins came in and i found an upper back seat for $10. i sold the leather 300 backseat to a guy who said he'd gladly give me his cloth bottom, with some brute force i should be able to get them to fit together.

Stevearino

Clever solution to the rear window / seat situation.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Stevearino on June 30, 2017, 07:08:08 AM
Clever solution to the rear window / seat situation.

thanks man, and it worked too!

70 sublime

Now if you just had some front seats that fold forward you will be able to get in the back  :hah:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

djcarguy

djcarguy

BDF

Baldwinvette77

Sorry,was away visiting family for a while, but Im back and ready to stare at the charger, hoping it'll fix itself like I always do :cheers:

BDF

Baldwinvette77

nothing huge yet again, but i replaced the modified 67 impala bumper with a $50 moparfest special. also gave it more of a face with a front valance and found some quality aged bondo so naturally i wasted it trying to get the quarters to look decent  :lol:

lukedukem

I do enjoy me some taco salads.

Keep up the good work, it's taking shape

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

brad mcintyre

so now this is 300 by tittle ?my grandson and I were given 47 mercury body and frame  only no tittle. have not got yet so I don't know if any # on it at all .thinking but a Dakota and do what you are doing . just wondering about tittle .the grand kids want to make rat rod .I love what you are doing wish I could afford to do it with a hemi but I would have to sell one of the chargers .this is just because my 14 year old grand son said he will do it with me

THE CHARGER PUNK

Mint thread dude, keep up the good work! :2thumbs: :cheers:

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: brad mcintyre on August 29, 2017, 06:50:45 AM
so now this is 300 by tittle ?my grandson and I were given 47 mercury body and frame  only no tittle. have not got yet so I don't know if any # on it at all .thinking but a Dakota and do what you are doing . just wondering about tittle .the grand kids want to make rat rod .I love what you are doing wish I could afford to do it with a hemi but I would have to sell one of the chargers .this is just because my 14 year old grand son said he will do it with me

Thanks man, and yes this car has a 2006 300 title, it depends on where you live, but the province of ontario will allow you to go either way, for this car i could have used a 1968 vin or a late model vin, the benefit of the late model vin was i was able to have the car registered fully in my name before i modified it, there are just more hoops to jump through if i wanted to use a 68 vin, like having a structural integrity inspection.

i was also worried about getting pulled over because of confusion but i learned that in ontario vin numbers dont have to match the exterior body, just the license plate, thats just how the law is written.

Also if you go into the MTO and fill out an affidavit saying how you got the mercury and swear that it was purchased legally and have that stamped by a lawyer they will give you a brand new 17 digit province issued vin, thats another option for you  :cheers:

brad mcintyre

I am just do the road in London so it should be the same thank you

brad mcintyre

I don't have a Dakota yet and don't have merc home yet just doing some head work

70 sublime

Quote from: brad mcintyre on August 29, 2017, 06:50:45 AM
so now this is 300 by tittle ?my grandson and I were given 47 mercury body and frame  only no tittle. have not got yet so I don't know if any # on it at all .thinking but a Dakota and do what you are doing . just wondering about tittle .the grand kids want to make rat rod .I love what you are doing wish I could afford to do it with a hemi but I would have to sell one of the chargers .this is just because my 14 year old grand son said he will do it with me

A guy just up the road from me got a Dakota truck and stripped it down till all he had left was the firewall and cab floor
Then he mounted a 1930 Dodge coupe on it
Almost done but eh not sure it looks right
Since he started with the truck he used the wheels that came with it and now the car is very high in the air
The truck wheels are 6 bolt and he could not find anything else that would fit that were smaller
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green