News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Master Cylinder cap leaking

Started by 70sixpkrt, June 03, 2017, 10:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sixpkrt

My buddy and I replaced my Master Cylinder with the MC36406 one and the cap and rubber gasket are leaking. I bought it from RockAuto and they don't sell or exchange just the cap and rubber gasket. Where can I get a cap and rubber gasket? Spent all this time for a leaking cap.   :icon_smile_angry:

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

One mopar

The ram man use to sell a rebuild kit and still mite never done any Business with him so can't say if it's a good idea but my master is junk to not from rock auto so now I'm looking for a good bendix abs 9 core my seals / rubber look ok but the back bore is rusty trashed some one didn't put it back on right and it wasn't me

alfaitalia

If you just bought it and is defective then it's up to Rockauto to supply you a replacement part. The fact they are not available separately is not your problem....get them to take the parts out of another kit. Then they can take that up with their supplier....who after all supplied them the duff part to sell. Obviously I'm basing this on rights you would have in the U.K...but I can't believe it's that much different over there.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

68 RT

Try bending the bail on it to push down more on the cap.

70sixpkrt

I did that. I'm going try to use my old cap and rubber gasket and see how that works out.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)