News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ideas for removing Pin-stripes

Started by Arbitrage123, February 26, 2017, 06:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arbitrage123

So my Charger has some wonderful pin-striping that I would like to remove. Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to try and remove these without messing up the paint? Or any tests to see if it might mess up the paint?

My Charger is a 1968 charger R/T that has been repainted black. All done by the previous owner. Thanks

-B

Dino

Try lacquer thinner. Try it on the black paint first somewhere out of sight to be sure it doesn't attack that paint.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

blakemon

If they are tape stripes, I recommend eraser wheel.

alfaitalia

I always find that pinstripe tape peels right off after a little heat from a hairdryer or similar.....or just park it in the sun if its a warm day....glue soon softens.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Arbitrage123

Since they are painted on the easy off might be the way to go. I need to try on a smaller area to make sure it doesn't mess up the black paint.

Arbitrage123

So I wanted to follow-up on the pinstripe removal.  I used the easy-off oven cleaner as recommended and it worked like a charm. I wanted to post some pictures of the process and results. Thanks everyone for the help.

-B

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

farm966

Wow....that was surprising it worked that well. Good job! Those pin stripes needed to go!

alfaitalia

Oven cleaner is pretty caustic stuff.....just look at the warnings on the pack! Glad it worked for you but don't think I would be brave enough to spray that on my paint. Just hope your base paint is still there in a few weeks!!!....I'm sure it will be !.......
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!