News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Charger hood insulation pad fit

Started by gtx6970, April 19, 2017, 04:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtx6970

Ok, Trying to put a preformed hood pad on a 1968 Charger.
And about half the pre-punched holes in said  pad don't line up with the holes in the hood.
What gives ?
The label on the pad says 1969 Charger.
Are the 2 hoods not identical ? Are the pads all cut one way . do I have a screw up pad and I just have to deal with another so so repop part. . Or just a wrong pad .

Customer got the pad and when we tried to put it on over the weekend . Needless to say it didn't go quite as planned. Back in the box it went

I know I'm getting tired of dealing with crappy repop parts , 2 steps forwards 1 step back is getting old ,,,FAST

hemi-hampton

I've been dealing with crappy repop parts for past 30+ years. It does get tiresome. LEON.

69bfan

Bill,
I know that REM added two additional holes to the 68/69 B-Body molded hood pads.  The extra hole was in the area of the hood hinge on each side.  I do not know why it was added, and I called Mike at REM concerning the extra hole, but he said that they had always been there, but I had one with and another without the extra hole.  Either way, I have not had anyone complain that the holes lined up so poorly that it would not fit.  The 70 B-Body pad is different, so could it possibly got labeled as a 68/69 pad?
Richard
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com

gtx6970

Richard, the forward holes in the outer 2 front corners were off at least 2 inches. No holes in the pad itself were anywhere near the holes  in the hood itself

Pkg it came in is labeled 1969 B body

Owner took it back home with him, not sure where he bought it. but he is dealing with it on his dime