News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help with removing a Trunklid ding

Started by randy73, April 26, 2017, 11:30:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

Right on the edge (top of the little kicktail) of the trunklid, there is a nice not so little ding , looks like someone hit it with a ball peen hammer. On the underside there is a plate so I cannot get to it to pound out the ding some and then fill it in and I do not want to cut the plate. So my 2 thoughts were to either cut out the ding and put a screen behind it and bondo it in or try and us a dent puller to pull the ding out some and fill it in with bondo.

Keeping in mind I plan to keep this car for a long time, what do you think the best method is, I am leaning towards the first method.

Gold Rush

Using body filler on such an exposed spot is risky.  Would just take a tap and you'd be doing more repairs.  It's a dying art but if you could find someone that could lead in the ding like the "Old Timers" did I believe it would be way more durable.   :popcrn:
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

Ryan.C

I had the same problem on my deck lid. I drilled a hole in the bottom and used a round nose punch to tap the dent out. Used a file to take care of high spots and welded the hole and dressed it all up. Not hard but time consuming (like everything else on these cars)  :Twocents:
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

randy73

Mine is around an inch deep, will try that though.