News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Grille

Started by JMF, May 13, 2017, 02:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

The 68 Charger I'm thinking of buying has a 69 grille , are there reproduction grilles available yet or is it a case of finding a used one ? And how much should I expect to pay ? Thanks

Baldwinvette77

http://www.classicindustries.com/product/mopar/parts/mb143502.html

Classic industries supplies a 68 grille, it would be easier on your wallet to find a used one.. but most are broken or have damage anyway.

JMF

Thanks, didn't realise they would be that expensive, but hopefully i'd be able to sell the 69 grille for good money, has anyone had one yet as i'd be interesting to know how good they fit.

Troy

A 69 grill is worth more than a 68 in the same condition (but not by a whole lot). That's partially because the pointy center seems to get crushed rather easily. I would recommend NOT selling the 69 until you have a 68 if at all possible because an incorrect grill is still better than no grill.

For what it's worth, Classic Industries only has the main plastic pieces. The frames, vacuum pods, and hood latch hardware are technically different between the 2 years as well. In reality, the fenders and hood are different too so it's best to make sure someone hasn't swapped on an entire 69 front end. Expect to pay anywhere from $500-2,000 for a complete grill depending on condition.

Which reminds me, I have some complete grills that I need to put up for sale (whenever I get them dug out).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Sixt8Chrgr

Contact Mike Ross at B/E/A. He just restored my 69 grill and did a great job. He had several grill pieces and may be able to help.

VegasCharger

Quote from: JMF on May 13, 2017, 02:58:59 PM
The 68 Charger I'm thinking of buying has a 69 grille , are there reproduction grilles available yet or is it a case of finding a used one ? And how much should I expect to pay ? Thanks

Is it this one?

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/6115366238.html