News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quick Tire Pressure Question:

Started by Captain D, June 04, 2017, 01:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi all,

Just a quick question to run by y'all to get an opinion if I may please. I just had a front-end alignment done on my 69' Charger (383, 4 brl BB) and the shop noted that the max pressure for my p235/60r15 front tires is 32lbs. I have 15x7 rims for the fronts and 15x8.5 in the back (p255/60r15 tires for the rears). I don't have any original stickers, etc. w/ my car so I believe that I had read online somewhere that the stock setting manual from factory is 26lbs. For those who have this same set-up, just curious to see what the ideal tire pressure may be for both the front & back based on these specs.

Thanks a bunch for taking the time w/ any and all feedback,
Aaron  

One mopar

How's the tires waring ? Just don't go above the tires max psi. U can use chalk to the low speed contact pach / temp gun and how tires are waring if you have to much air it will make the centre hotter to little and it will cup the tires the rubicon I use have said 20-35 psi but on the road it always cupped the tires so I bumped up and it fixed it

HPP

Factory specs were for an F70 bias ply tire. I wouldn't default to those unless you are running a similar tire.

Your tire should have pressure ratings molded into the side. Max pressures produce the least amount of rolling resistance and allows the highest loads.  Best ride feel, traction, grip and wear occur somewhere less than max.

One mopar