News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'74 SE Brougham

Started by Gold Rush, September 14, 2023, 06:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold Rush

My '74 Triple Black Charger SE Brougham is nearly finished.  Time to get fully insured now.  Most insurance companies that even cover classics won't wright a policy for anywhere near what this car is worth without a Professional Appraisal.  Problem is; here in San Angelo, TX there doesn't seem to be anyone able to fulfill that need.

I really do not want to drive to Dallas or  Houston so an online appraiser looks like my only option.  Anyone know of a knowledgeable, thorough, and reasonably priced source? 

Thank You in advance for any help you can provide.

9-3-2023 CLASS & SASS 1 - Copy.JPG
24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

b5blue

You can try an "Agreed value policy."  :scratchchin:

hemigeno

I don't recall Hagerty requiring an appraisal myself, but it has been several years since I had a policy with them.  They will cover project cars too, as I had a policy with them at one time for that protection.  If you use your car for more than just pleasure driving, then Hagerty might not be the best choice.

Some of the standard lines companies may require an appraisal.... :shruggy:

Gold Rush

Thanks for the inputs.  I have had Hagerty coverage for the past seven years.  Last year when I first actually registered it for street use, I increase the value from $8K to $18K, the price shot up a LOT (more than triple what it had been)!  This year, wanting to add agreed value anywhere close to actual value, it almost doubled again.

I got the appraisal done, then When I talked with Hagerty customer service folks I was told that they never claim to be the cheapest but are the best...

24 years USAF, 25 years consumer electronics repair technician.  Now I ride a Honda Goldwing trike and wrench my latest project.  Children and Grandchildren are gown so I have to find other places to spend my time and money!

hemigeno

I am skeptical of a standard market insurance company providing Agreed Value coverage.  It's fine if you never have a claim, but I've heard several horror stories of finding out the hard way that coverage is anything BUT agreed value. 

There used to be competitors to Hagerty out there, but that may not be the case anymore.  I would personally gravitate to a company that speaks MuscleCar.

:Twocents: