News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger garage barn find today amazing time capsule

Started by moparstuart, June 03, 2017, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 23, 2018, 02:03:07 PM
The number of times on here folks say they have to sell the car (or stop work on it) to cover medical bills. So glad we don't have that to worry about over here. You are also a First World Country and, without getting too political, I would have thought you would have figured out a better solution by now.....Just copy what lots of other countries do! Works for us.....only just admittedly...but it works!

I'm Amazed a better system has not been figured out. It's all greed & corruption. :brickwall: :shruggy: :slap:

Kern Dog

I've heard enough good and bad about both types of health care programs. Neither are perfect. I just have an ingrained distrust for a system where they have no competition. In our system, if you don't like the treatment, you are free to look for a better option elsewhere. Besides, our income taxes are high enough as it is.

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

alfaitalia

Quote from: Challenger340 on November 23, 2018, 06:26:56 PM
Quote from: alfaitalia on November 23, 2018, 02:03:07 PM
The number of times on here folks say they have to sell the car (or stop work on it) to cover medical bills. So glad we don't have that to worry about over here. You are also a First World Country and, without getting too political, I would have thought you would have figured out a better solution by now.....Just copy what lots of other countries do! Works for us.....only just admittedly...but it works!

You referring to single payer Medical Systems ?  

Sorry....but I have no idea what that is.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Kern Dog on November 23, 2018, 08:08:23 PM
I've heard enough good and bad about both types of health care programs. Neither are perfect. I just have an ingrained distrust for a system where they have no competition. In our system, if you don't like the treatment, you are free to look for a better option elsewhere. Besides, our income taxes are high enough as it is.

Amen to that.  Plus everyone thinks our roads and airports are paid for by the Government. ( NOPE TAXPAYER MONEY) LOL[/b]

darbgnik

To anyone that wishes they have government controlled healthcare, a la Canada and others, I would caution to be careful what you wish for. It's bothersome when people refer to it as "free" healthcare. It is not free, you still pay for it, you just have no choice to go along with your payment. It's been my experience, that in Canada, you don't get the healthcare that you pay for, other people get that, you get what's left over..... And while you are enjoying your leftovers, you are still on your own to pay for the rest of your life, while you are too sick to make an income. Unless of course you have private insurance on those costs as well.

I honestly don't know how much folks in the US pay for decent medical insurance, but I would hazard a guess, that their taxes, plus their insurance costs still add up to less than what my taxes are for the same income in Canada. Our healthcare system still gets cash increases every year, to the tune of billions of dollars, while wait times still increase. I'm sure there's a better way, but our government hasn't figured it out yet.  :shruggy:

Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

alfaitalia

Over here you will get the same cover...working or not. Although its paid for from our taxes there are many counties that pay about the same or even more tax than us with no National Heath Service Equivalent. The NHS is 70 years old this year....I bet you could not find a single Brit who would want us to lose it. Due to an aging population it's under funded and rather stretched financially.....but Brits are still very proud of it. If you were on holiday here and has an accident the NHS would look after you...no questions...no charge. It's a great...but not perfect...system.

alfaitalia

Quote from: ACUDANUT on November 24, 2018, 09:55:59 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on November 23, 2018, 08:08:23 PM

Amen to that.  Plus everyone thinks our roads and airports are paid for by the Government. ( NOPE TAXPAYER MONEY) LOL[/b]

Unless your have a very different system over there the government effectively has NO money without our taxes...so effectively the government pays for NOTHING...and our taxes pay for everything. And when we cant afford it in the bad times we knock on the door of the IMF (no ....not the Impossible Mission Force...but the International Monetary Fund!)...and try and pay it back in the good times...Although that bit never seems to work......and that's called National  Debt!....lol!

Kern Dog

The very poor get treatment here too. FREE for them. My brother had no insurance but was treated nonetheless. Dental and medical.

moparstuart

Well havent touched it in a while but i scored a set of vintage Redlines today  , old but cool for display perfect for this one that wont see the road much as a survivor
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

this will get the  snow tires and rotted tires off the car   :icon_smile_big:

68RT440

1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Kern Dog

I thought you were selling the car because you needed the money ?

moparstuart

so far I have managed to keep the creditor at bay  . dont want to sell it love the car . 
Hope to keep it as long as I can  .  These were so cheap and it needs to have tires that hold air on it weather I sell it or not .

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Kern Dog on January 16, 2019, 08:07:00 PM
I thought you were selling the car because you needed the money ?

Yeah, I thought so too. Maybe you can get 80K also.  :cheers:

67440chrg

Its nice to see you have been able to keep it. I have a little tuning to do but will see you out and about this summer. Take care of your health see you later. If your keeping it and are interested in a factory 383 4 brl intake it prob could be had for some Bush light.

moparstuart

Quote from: 67440chrg on January 18, 2019, 01:09:27 PM
Its nice to see you have been able to keep it. I have a little tuning to do but will see you out and about this summer. Take care of your health see you later. If your keeping it and are interested in a factory 383 4 brl intake it prob could be had for some Bush light.
no im going to keep it as is , as a survivor .  It runs great as is and I dont see me hot rodding around in it   :icon_smile_big:    I have others to do that with .
Yes hope to see you out and about soon dont think I saw u all last year .     

Stevearino

Glad to see you still have the car Stu. I'd hate to see you have to go down the road of having to sell it as finding it was like a lottery win. The odds of coming across another one in that good shape are slim and none. I hope everything works out that you get to keep it for many years to come. :cheers: :cheers:

moparstuart

Took it to the Dodge Charger reunion over the weekend   , its been 2 years since ive had it out of storage and she started right up .  
Car still suprises me everytime i see it its so nice and everything works in it .  

ACUDANUT

I wish I did not work weekends. Any pic's of the show ?

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on September 25, 2019, 11:34:14 AM
I wish I did not work weekends. Any pic's of the show ?
yeah but i cant seem to get them to load right or  straight

here is the link  to the photos  i have on FB     https://www.facebook.com/100001377145039/posts/2390480717674476?sfns=mo