News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger garage barn find today amazing time capsule

Started by moparstuart, June 03, 2017, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Just messing with you, friend.  :2thumbs:
That is great that the car still had it. The best I ever did was having the original engine.

hemi-hampton

cdr

you need to get a Gano inline screen for the upper Rad hose, if not it will plug up your new radiator.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

moparstuart

Well balancer & timing cover are off now. As I suspected. Origin nylon covered cam gear still in there 53 years later.  Amazing it's still in tact. Chains a little loose so glad I made the decision to crack her open.  Cover and front seal were both leaking pretty good.  Chance to get it sealed up right.  She ran really well for 53 year old time capsule with a ticking time bomb timing chain .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

74k   , 53 years  amazing  I cant believe that nylon is still there and in such good shape  . Little old lady driven most of its life   .

ACUDANUT

You might think about replacing the cam while you have the timing chain off, and maybe go for a holley 4 barrel.  :Twocents: :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 26, 2021, 09:41:04 AM
You might think about replacing the cam while you have the timing chain off, and maybe go for a holley 4 barrel.  :Twocents: :shruggy:
ummm  No

moparstuart

moparstuart

chain out  and in cam gear is in super nice condition  , im amazed 

moparstuart

moparstuart

hemi-hampton

ACUDANUT

moparstuart

B & D  Radiator  Address: 7310 Wellman Rd, McLouth, KS 66054
Phone: (913) 796-6758 
  re-cored my original  with better cooling core and did it for 450.00    Im very happy with it  and still has my original numbers and tanks   

moparstuart

Getting ready to send my wiper motor to topher  to fix the park in it  .  It works  just the wiper stop where ever you turn the switch off  .   He says its a easy fix and will keep my original  patina  ,

He also has a buddy who is going to do the same for my alternator  it still charges but is weak and has left me stranded a couple time when i have my headlamps on it cant keep up .

ACUDANUT

Quote from: moparstuart on June 28, 2021, 10:22:09 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 26, 2021, 09:41:04 AM
You might think about replacing the cam while you have the timing chain off, and maybe go for a holley 4 barrel.  :Twocents: :shruggy:
ummm  No

hmmm

moparstuart

Well got the 68 accepted to the Survivor tent at. Carlisle this year. Headed back to Pa in July.  Hope to see some of you there.   

68RT440

Awesome. It will be cool to finally see this car in person  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Wingnut426

I will be at Carlisle with my Daytona vert. BTW Stuart, I sent you a PM, did you not get it? Pete
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: moparstuart on May 20, 2023, 10:57:27 PMWell got the 68 accepted to the Survivor tent at. Carlisle this year. Headed back to Pa in July.  Hope to see some of you there.   

Well, that'll make two 68 Chargers in the tent.

moparstuart

Quote from: Wingnut426 on May 21, 2023, 08:41:45 AMI will be at Carlisle with my Daytona vert. BTW Stuart, I sent you a PM, did you not get it? Pete
no let me go look   , great i finally get to see my inheritance in person   :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

i did not get a PM   ?  but the new software is confusing to me also  took me three attemps to send you one

moparstuart

Pete Gave me an original charger hitch and we beefed it up super heavy duty