News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are my float levels too high? - Carb flooding

Started by rollo1504, June 19, 2017, 01:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollo1504

Will do it! I know that it is very important to keep fuel lines away from heat sources!

It was just for a short testing... Will reroute the fuel lines anyway very soon... but thank you for the concern.

Roland

BSB67

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

firefighter3931

Great work Roland....the project turned out very well. You're getting a handle on this Mopar thing  :icon_smile_big:

The slight hesitation going wide open is normal for a vacuum secondary carb....nothing to worry about. I would recommend setting the idle at 750-800 in gear (drive) which should help with the stalling out issue.  ;)

Vaccum readings are fine....the idle vacuum might increase with an increase in idle speed  :yesnod:

Nice improvement on the looks and performance  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

rollo1504

Hey!

Ok Ron...!

Thank you all for helping me!

This service is priceless to me...  :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Will come back for sure later with other normal and dumb questions....

Next steps:

- Fine tuning via reading and hopefully understanding spark plugs
- Uprade fuel lines to 3/8"
- Install mech fuel pump edelbrock 1723
- Install 3/8" fuel sending unit
- Install front and rear shocks

Will see what problem will come up next....

Thaaaaank you guys!

Regards from AUSTRIA