News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wing window seal to door?

Started by INTMD8, July 01, 2017, 03:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INTMD8

Hello,

I'm getting a bit of a wind noise at the front of the door/wing window area.

It seems there's nothing from stopping air from entering behind the door seal and between the wing window frame and door skin.

Should there be a seal of some sort here?  Thanks!

69 Charger. 438ci Gen2 hemi. Flex fuel. Holley HP efi. 595rwhp 475rwtq

INTMD8

Anyone have a pic of this area of their car to compare?

Dino

No seal there. Heck you even get wind noise when everything fits well! They were not designed all too well. Not hing stopping you from adding some weatherstripping . I find the self stick stuff from Lowes works well. You can loosen the vent window frame and pull it up a bit so you can add weather stripping. You may have to do some readjusting to make the door glass fit the roof rail seal though. Does the vent frame sit nice and snug against the front of the roof rail seal? On the A-pillar? Noise coming from there is quite common.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

INTMD8

Thanks Dino, I will try to get something in there, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a factory part.

Everything -appears- to fit well and all of the weatherstrip looks compressed from fitment, this is the only thing that stood out as a potential source of the noise.

I know it's an old car but figure if I can improve it somewhat, why not :)

69bfan

Just as a thought, did you remove the stainless trim that holds the roof rail trim in place?  If so, did you happen to replace that foam gasket.  It is only going to give you possibly a 1/16 to 3/32" of additional spacing to help seal the vent window frame to the A-Pillar.  But it will help in positioning the roof rail seals to the other pieces.
Restoration Parts and Materials
Weatherstripping is our specialty, but we stock a wide assortment of restoration needs.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com