News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 short headliner bows?

Started by hemiron1, July 22, 2017, 11:01:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiron1

Are the short headliner sail panel bows used in C500'S?

hemiron1

Quote from: hemiron1 on July 22, 2017, 11:01:32 AM
Are the short headliner sail panel bows used in C500'S?
not having luck loading pics...

chaaargerb

I didn't have my headliner out of my 500 but I don't think they are used in a 500. If I remember right the headliner kinda of wraps over the original edge of the rear window and then just extends to the plug.

hemiron1

Makes sense.  Also it looks like the original headliner teeth are still in place around the original window. Unfortunately getting this car completely apart it's impossible to know. I have the headliner teeth in place but pulling the headliner back the old teeth seem to show. Do you think they did it that way? I'm guessing anyone that has one could feel or see that. Thanks Ron

chaaargerb

I Just put the headliner in my Sbird and the original window teeth were removed on my car. I would think they would do the same on the 500's otherwise they would probably poke thru

richRTSE

here is a pic of the headliner I removed from my 500. It did not have the small bows.

:cheers:

richRTSE

hemiron1

Were the old Charger window headliner teeth still in place in the old rear window???

hemiron1

Quote from: richRTSE on July 24, 2017, 04:24:33 PM
#2...
were the old rear window teeth removed from the original rear window?

richRTSE

I'm pretty sure they modified the originals and reused them...you can see the upper looks like its just been moved down and secured with sheet metal screws instead of those pinch-type fasteners I think they used on the standard mounting...and the side pieces look like they just trimmed them to fit...

hemiron1

Quote from: richRTSE on July 24, 2017, 04:49:09 PM
I'm pretty sure they modified the originals and reused them...you can see the upper looks like its just been moved down and secured with sheet metal screws instead of those pinch-type fasteners I think they used on the standard mounting...and the side pieces look like they just trimmed them to fit...
I'm wondering why mine still had the original teeth still in place all the way around? Including the lower piece for the old package tray.... Build date of 12/04/68.

richRTSE

:shruggy:

not sure...but mine had a build date of Sept 29th....maybe they had a better system in place by December...or lots of extra parts...???

also, my side pieces (2 separate pieces on each side) were welded to the plug...top piece screwed on...  :Twocents:

hemiron1

Quote from: richRTSE on July 24, 2017, 04:49:09 PM

hemiron1

Quote from: richRTSE on July 24, 2017, 05:06:00 PM
:shruggy:

not sure...but mine had a build date of Sept 29th....maybe they had a better system in place by December...or lots of extra parts...???

also, my side pieces (2 separate pieces on each side) were welded to the plug...top piece screwed on...  :Twocents:
same with mine.