News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

someone matched my not for sale price, still debating if i should sell

Started by cbrestorations, July 18, 2017, 07:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

take the money your a blood hound for these things you will find another
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

marshallfry01

1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

cbrestorations

If I can find a 4 speed 69 r/t real quick, I'll let him have it

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: cbrestorations on July 18, 2017, 11:35:53 PM
If I can find a 4 speed 69 r/t real quick, I'll let him have it

make one then....adding a 4 speed is not all you need to know is how to weld  :icon_smile_big: other than that I think you have a good deal on your heads at 30k for a non matching body.....

as the joke has said on my end I couldn't even sell my shell for 5k  ;D

chapel40

Ive also heard a lot of stories about how someone offered a high price and they never get another offer like it. Follow your heart
Don Chapel

tan top

all good advice from the other guys  :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

difficult  :scratchchin:  30k is 30k , but  where are you going to find another black with blue  69 R/T SE , .....rare color  combo & a rare charger ! , weather it has the original matching # engine  or not . think your kick your self , in the long run selling this car ,  like what the others guys say , i'm sure with your charger  detecting  skills , if there are any other hidden second generations out there , your find them , but will they be a find of a life time like this black with blue R/T SE .... I doubt very much ..... unless ... there are  still hidden  unrestored 1968 1969 1970 , original Hemi cars , rare color & option combo  R/T  & R/T SE , original R/T  440 four speeds ,  V codes   , XX29 aero charger 500 & daytonas  , that could be had for the price you paid for the black with blue R/T SE ...   in the same condition :yesnod:  :Twocents:  30k is a lot of dough , for a car needing total restoration , then again look how much  some of the over priced second generation perfumed pigs  are ebay , that need stripping down & starting again   etc  :o  
nother thing to consider , if the owner of the black blue R/T SE , said  well CBR you been hounding me to buy this car for 20 years , ok i'll let you buy it , but don't sell it on , i'll  only sell it to you if you restore it  , & you say yea yea ok , I always wanted this car etc . its kind of going against your word  ,  & in the crazy world of the internet , we all know you can do what you like with your own car etc , BUT  might not go down well with some people ..... maybe im straying off track a little to your original question ,   final word doubt very much you will top that R/T SE  un less you can find one of the other chargers i've mentioned above .

good luck , what ever you decide  :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs:

30k is a lot of dough  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

TPR

You said it, it's the coolest and rarest Charger you have.
Keep it, bring it back to life and enjoy it for a while.
Hang on to that guys number and then put a 70k price tag on it.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

garner7555

I would sell it. 
1. You gave him a price and he accepted it.   ( I don't like to go back on my word, regardless)   :Twocents:
2.  I don't care about all the numbers matching, cool rare options.   Yes black on blue is a cool option, but if it were my car I would change the color combo to something I liked better anyway.    :eek2:    :lol:
3.  30k bucks would go a long way on your other cars since you do all the labor yourself.  :yesnod:

But at the end of the day, all that matters is which you would rather have:  $30k  or the car.   :shruggy:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod

charger chris

Out of the 15 chargers you don't have a 4 speed rt :popcrn: . Horder  hmmmm. Lol
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Laowho

Sell it to him on the condition that you restore it for him. Win-win. It's like yer both in love w/ the same woman, and there ARE other options to dueling.

redgum78

I hope you don't take offense to my opinion here but you gave him a price, he inspected the car and agreed to pay.
My :Twocents: worth is you should sell it regardless of all the other factors.

Its a cool car which makes it hard, but you have said the price is more than fair. I think the right thing to do is call the guy up and go through with the agreed deal if he is still interested.

:cheers:

1974dodgecharger

why are people calling this RARE when in reality he even said no engine no transmission nothing is matching all he has is fender tag.....its not rare if its missing everything. 

Moparsaver

2 words...... Wedding reception.     :slap:      You have many cars but you only have 1 bride to be.   Sell it and bank some money for your special day.         :cheers:         Spend the rest as you see fit.     :Twocents:

lukedukem

I think to much time has passed. The guy probably had had time to think it over and ifnyou call him up he might change his mind.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Troy on July 18, 2017, 09:29:02 PM
Honest question: do you want a "restored" R/T SE? It doesn't really seem like your style. Because, for what it is, you won't be happy straying from stock - but you also won't be happy driving it stock.

I'd have helped him load it on the trailer. ;)

Troy

That's a good point! If you are NOT to restore to original specs ( I dunno know you enough to confirm that or not ) let it go to someone who will make it! Custom cars can be build from any shell
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on July 19, 2017, 07:00:00 AM
why are people calling this RARE when in reality he even said no engine no transmission nothing is matching all he has is fender tag.....its not rare if its missing everything. 

Thats what got me dissapointing on the second replied I posted. Is not anymore THAT special, although would be interesting get it to original specs yet though
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

70 sublime

The question I have not seen the answer to yet

How did you buy the car in the first place from the guy that had it 20 years ????

Did he sell it to you just because you were there on the right day with too much money in your pocket ?

Or because you could tell him everyplace you saw it sitting in his yard and always watched for it when you drove by and you would take it home and restore it to its former beauty as you have other Charger projects and know what you are doing and SOMEDAY BRING IT BACK TO SHOW HIM ?? 
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

TeeWJay426

30K for a shell needing full restoration, with no drivetrain? If it was me, it would already be gone.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 18, 2017, 09:53:18 PM
I'd have taken the $30k, bought a road ready Charger, some beer & taken it to the body shop to paint it the color I want.  :D

Best response so far....

73rallye440magnum

I bet your guts will turn seeing it leave on a trailer, but take the offer before he changes his mind.  :Twocents:

Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

taxspeaker

I once restored a numbers matching 4 speed R/T. It was excellent and my son learned to drive a 4 speed with that car. We moved from farm to town and I advertised it for sale at a price less than what it was worth on eBay because I did not know what it was worth. It sold to a guy from France that day. In our discussions prior to him getting the car I found I was 15-20,000 less than market. It hurt then and it hurts now but I followed through with the sale at the quoted price because a man is only as good as his word in my opinion. Call him to come get the car.

Laowho

Quote from: taxspeaker on July 19, 2017, 09:54:46 AM
I once restored a numbers matching 4 speed R/T. It was excellent and my son learned to drive a 4 speed with that car. We moved from farm to town and I advertised it for sale at a price less than what it was worth on eBay because I did not know what it was worth. It sold to a guy from France that day. In our discussions prior to him getting the car I found I was 15-20,000 less than market. It hurt then and it hurts now but I followed through with the sale at the quoted price because a man is only as good as his word in my opinion. Call him to come get the car.

Yikes. Didn't know things were gonna get real. Puts a different shine on the not-for-sale price, subconscious motivation, etc. We have a dedicated coin for such things, and I've trained myself to listen to my responses to that coin. Much cheaper than having my dreams tea-leafed by a Jungian analyst. But that's all b4 putting a not-for-sale price on it. Sorry CB, but methinks you're bein called out.

Challenger340

If you really like the R/T SE option Pkg and the Car.....
Question:
Can you find another one for the $30K ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

HPP

Quote from: Troy on July 18, 2017, 09:29:02 PM
Honest question: do you want a "restored" R/T SE? It doesn't really seem like your style. Because, for what it is, you won't be happy straying from stock - but you also won't be happy driving it stock.

I'd have helped him load it on the trailer. ;)

Troy

I'd tend to agree with this.