News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Passenger side door sits 1/4" high in the back

Started by randy73, July 26, 2017, 03:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

what is the best way to lower, do I lower the latch or is there a better way?

BLK 68 R/T

Are all the guts installed? If so, loosening the hinges where they mount to the body is the way to do it.

randy73

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on July 26, 2017, 04:23:48 PM
Are all the guts installed? If so, loosening the hinges where they mount to the body is the way to do it.

Only thing on the car is the doors, but I want to rebuild the hinges, so I think I will do as you suggest as soon as I get the fenders back on and aligned.

timmycharger

Quote from: randy73 on July 27, 2017, 08:15:13 AM
Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on July 26, 2017, 04:23:48 PM

Only thing on the car is the doors, but I want to rebuild the hinges, so I think I will do as you suggest as soon as I get the fenders back on and aligned.

so the doors are empty? if so then being slightly higher by the quarter side is how it should be. The glass, channel, vent assembly are very heavy and should bring the door down some.  :Twocents: