News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Coolest sounding mufflers

Started by rrob, March 26, 2018, 07:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Quote from: HANDM on March 27, 2018, 07:30:10 PM
Quote from: ray on March 27, 2018, 02:07:44 PM
Thrush glasspacks :2thumbs:

I put a set of Thrush somethings or other, standard type, 35 bucks apeice ones that are for 2.5 inch exhaust.
OMG does it sound awesome for a 318 Challenger!

I have Thrush Turbos on my stock 38. I'm not quite satisfied w the sound, but at this point I'll wait till I get an engine rebuild to redo the exhaust.

On the other hand, I have Thrush Welded (also about $40 each) on my '15 Challenger and they sound badass. Apples and oranges, of course, but I do wonder if my 383 would have sounded better w/ those.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Alaskan_TA

I have worked in construction for over 37 years.

So at the end of the day, being able to drive a Mopar with a quite exhaust is very enjoyable.

I can pop a tape in the 8-track, volume at low & still enjoy hearing the music just under the sound of the engine through a very quiet exhaust.

pipeliner

Quote from: 303 Mopar on March 29, 2018, 10:21:04 AM
Quote from: pipeliner on March 28, 2018, 11:35:34 PM
I love my TTI 3" x-pipe full Exhaust with Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers. Nothing sound better.

I have the same setup but with h-pipe.  I have found that the x-pipe creates a higher pitched tone IMO, where as a h-pipe keeps the tone lower.
I don't know what kind of motor set up you have and cam but I wish you could here mine. Nothing high pitched about it. The tone is almost to low lol

Kern Dog

Cam timing makes a difference.
I had a Lunati solid, 316/326 along with Flowmaster 42541  2 1/2" mufflers. That was a loud combination. I switched to the 3" welded Ultra-Flow and an x pipe. It was quieter but still aggressive. I later switched to the MP 528 solid. It sounds a bit tame to me now. I would prefer something in between the two brands of mufflers.

pipeliner

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 29, 2018, 10:36:59 PM
Cam timing makes a difference.
I had a Lunati solid, 316/326 along with Flowmaster 42541  2 1/2" mufflers. That was a loud combination. I switched to the 3" welded Ultra-Flow and an x pipe. It was quieter but still aggressive. I later switched to the MP 528 solid. It sounds a bit tame to me now. I would prefer something in between the two brands of mufflers.
Yeah I'm running a Comp Hydraulic Roller 544 lift with a 1.6 RR with a 236/242 on a 110 lsa and I love the way it sounds.