News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Delusional Charger BUYERS: Post your stories

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, September 19, 2017, 01:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

tcs69rt

68X426 = Yeah, I built bombs and missiles for Uncle Sam's Flying Circus = 1986 to 2006. Had the fun of dealing with Nukes too, they suck compared to conventional weapons.  :cheers: Now I work Child Protection and that's probably where the PTSD is from...and I'm not a whack job...well maybe?  :smilielol:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

F8-4life

Quote from: tcs69rt on October 19, 2017, 10:11:35 AM
A few months ago I drop by a tire shop to see a friend in my triple black matching numbers 69 RT. 30 year old kid comes out of the waiting area and starts looking at my car while I catch up with my friend. Kid ask me if it's for sale and I said "the car is family, I bought it almost 20 years ago while stationed in Vegas and it goes to my son." Kid just stares at me and gets on his cell. I walk inside for a few and when I come out the kid says "I talked with my business partner and we think a fair offer on the car is 55." I told him he now has the highest offering price of 55 grand and I did turn down an offer of 40 grand over the summer but the car is not for sale. A look of disgust crosses his face and he says "55 grand?! Our offer is $5500!" I smiled at him and he stepped into my personal space and says $5500 is a FAIR OFFER! I told him to take a step back and you are NOT getting the car, ever. In typical punk style he stares me down and walks off. I have the kids info, he's no threat. My friend told the kid that I did 20 years in the military working with explosives and I'm a whack job with PTSD that is not to be fucked with.  :smilielol: Yeah, I bought my bud some beer over that one!  :2thumbs:

This is the "tech" who mounts your tires..think about that for a moment and kiss your wife twice.
LOL

hemihead

What i have learned through the years is that every Seller thinks his car is Gold and every buyer thinks the car is not worth anything . And EVERYONE thinks that they are an expert .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Kern Dog

I love the very thought of someone getting all pissy and offended when their unrealistic LOW ball offer is rejected.  :hah:
$5500 for any 68-70 Charger that a man is driving on the street legally?   :smilielol:

Ghoste

It happens more often than not though.  (the lowballers getting pissy that is)

fastmark

I've got a bud who is a Matco tool dealer. Everyone knows him as the Mopar guy. He has Superbird with a 426 crate Hemi. It's a 440, 4 speed car but no one knows the difference around here. So one of his customers who owns a shop that he calls on, approaches him real seriously the other day and says, " would you take $30,000 for your Superbird. Today and in cash? " ALAN thought he was just kidding around until he looked at his face and realized he was dead serious. ALAN answered with a polite " No".

euroZ06

ha ha, this is funny...

I always get compliments on my 68, and ppl always say "what can you get one of these for? 10-15k?"....... I find it funny.
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

Benji

Not a Mope but still about a muscle car.  I had a 1971 442 given to me about 10 years ago (long story).  I told a buddy that I had recently acquired a 1971 442 and I wanted a Tic Toc Tach for it.  About two weeks later he sees me and asks me if I had seen the 1970 442 in the back row of a used car lot that is 2 blocks from where I work!.  I thought he must be nuts but I stopped and sure enough there it was, a VERY rough 1970 442 AND it had Tic Toc Tach in it, so I go inside and the owner of the lot tells me that he doesn't own that car but he has the phone number of the guy who does. I call the guy and I ask him if he will sell the tach for $25.00. He says yes, so I go out to his home pay him and remove it.  About a week later he calls and asks me to make an offer on the car. I tell him I am not interested. He insists that I must be interested because I already had a 442. (?)  So I tell him again I am not interested and he says MAKE ME AN OFFER, so I say okay $250.00.,. He says "$250.00???  That car is worth at least $1200.00" so I said "you said make an offer so I did."  He hangs up on me. A week later he calls back and says SOLD!  I sold it for $1000.00 about three weeks later without doing anything to it.

Benji

F8-4life

Confirmed delusional 442 buyer^^
get the pitchforks and torches ready!

DanielRobert

It is funny when the delusional seller meets up with the delusional buyer.  You see the guy figuring to strike gold on ebay and the guys bidding low on their cars. Somewhere along the line , you'd figure they'd both figure it out.
1972 Charger
1969 Roadrunner
1974 Trans Am