News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Manifold Question

Started by Simonic, October 08, 2017, 02:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simonic

I'd like at some point to put cast manifold on my 71 440 Superbee.
Does anyone do a new repro manifold for 1971 cars?
Will the repro 68/69 hp manifolds fit and if not why not?
My car has power brakes and power steering

Thank You Gentlemen
Mopar owner in the UK..

BLK 68 R/T

They are not reproduced. 68/69 style will fit, only difference is the left side manifold has a different exhaust flange orientation and no provisions for the heat stove to attach. Right side is the same except for the heat control valve, it is a different style in than 70-71.

Simonic

Thank You for your response.
So bearing in mind what you have said. If I bought some of the 68/69 repro manifolds,could I then buy exhaust,say TTI and it would fit?
Looking at the TTI catalog they quote the same front pipe from 62-79.
http://ttiexhaust.com/MoparClassics-Exhaust/ComponentParts.htm
Mopar owner in the UK..

BLK 68 R/T

When you order from TTI they will want the manifold casting #s so they can send you the correct front pipes.

Simonic

Mopar owner in the UK..

Wingnut426

Its the RIGHT SIDE MANIFOLD  that has the flange in a different angle NOT the left!  :Twocents:
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Simonic

Mopar owner in the UK..

RJS

I would just buy exhaust manifolds off of ebay or a site like this etc...
Ron

Simonic

Quote from: RJS on October 10, 2017, 08:17:15 AM
I would just buy exhaust manifolds off of ebay or a site like this etc...
Ron

Thank You Ron.
I'll have a look and see what I can find. Not everyone in the States is willing to ship to the uk,especially if the items are heavy and require careful packaging
Mopar owner in the UK..

RJS

Your right I forgot your out of the country. Yep a big box store like Year One is unfortunately your best bet then.
But using the current repro. since they are made for different year body do all your homework before pulling the trigger.
Are you removing headers from your car???  If so that dual quad set-up may not be too happy.
Ron

Simonic

I never thought about the effect it would have on the dual quad. Thanks for the tip.
Mopar owner in the UK..