News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

header fitment

Started by Aussi440, December 05, 2017, 10:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussi440

Everyone, I am interested in building a 500 stroker for my 68 Charger using 440 source.  My question is about headers.  Right now I have a Mopar Performance mini starter in the car and would most likely re-use it.  Does anyone have experience with Dougs, TTI or Tri-Y headers from engine-swaps.com.  Just wondering if I will need to dent anything to make them fit a mini starter.  I had Mopar performance headers on it years ago and had to dent the #7 tube.

c00nhunterjoe

I have tti 2 1/8 primary tubes on my motor with no dents or dings of any kind. But at the same note, i had the standard el cheapo hedmans on the last engine that required no dents or dings of any kind either. I have heard horror stories from all brands and styles. I think it comes down to productiin variables and your specific car and how it has twisted amd settled over the last 50 yrs.

BDF

The Shumacher tri-y's fit nice and plug changes are a breeze.
Edit: I would recommend using their flanges (supplied) and weld up your own head pipes rather than use the ones they sell.  :Twocents:

c00nhunterjoe

For what its worth, my big tube headers take about 5 minutes per side to change. 10 per side if its hot.

BDF

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on December 06, 2017, 07:11:19 AM
For what its worth, my big tube headers take about 5 minutes per side to change. 10 per side if its hot.
:2thumbs:

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: BDF on December 06, 2017, 08:24:29 PM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on December 06, 2017, 07:11:19 AM
:2thumbs:

I would post pictures but i havnt found a simple way to upload since the photobucket debacle.

alfaitalia

Try imgBB.....it is free much faster than PB.....and you can post pics any size you like. No pop up ads. I would never have used PB if I had discovered imgBB first.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!