News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone sold a car at a car show?

Started by johnnycharger, February 25, 2018, 09:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycharger

Hi Guys
I know some of you fix up and sell cars. Have any of you sold them at a show? How did it go? Any advice? There is an upcoming Goodguys show in Pleasanton and I am thinking about trailering my car down there to sell in the for sale area.

It's the Thunderbird I inherited not my Charger.

Kern Dog

I have seen many cars in car corrals but have only heard of a few that actually sold. My guess is that they are there for the exposure and that a private sale occurs offsite somewhere later. Who carries that kind of money to car shows?
Oh...I'm glad to learn that you are not selling your car...OR the Duster! How is that project going anyway ?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 25, 2018, 01:24:12 PM
Who carries that kind of money to car shows?

For Car Corrals/big swap meets, plenty of Joe's walking around with $20K-$50K in CASH on them, you'd be surprised...

Kern Dog

I would be....I'm even more surprised to NOT hear of robberies on these people.
That is a good thing.

johnnycharger

Quote from: Kern Dog on February 25, 2018, 01:24:12 PM
I have seen many cars in car corrals but have only heard of a few that actually sold. My guess is that they are there for the exposure and that a private sale occurs offsite somewhere later. Who carries that kind of money to car shows?
Oh...I'm glad to learn that you are not selling your car...OR the Duster! How is that project going anyway ?

I think you are probably right. Some may have the cash but most probably don't. Neither of the car projects are moving too well at the moment. Things have been super busy with the family and I haven't allocated the time. The cold evenings after work haven't helped either. I need to get moving though because I want to drive mine this summer along side the Mrs in her's.

NHCharger

I sold my 71 Charger at Carlisle a few years ago. I actually just had a small pic of it taped to the quarter window of my 68 Charger in the show field with my phone number and asking price. Some guy called me on Saturday night. I sent him a bunch of pics and videos when I got home and shipped the car shortly after.
We are actually supposed to finally meet at Carlisle this year.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel