News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger 440 4 Speed, Edelbrock E Street Angle Plug Heads - Which headers Fit?

Started by krigel, February 26, 2018, 11:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krigel

Hi,

I have a set of headman hedders for the above car that I tried installing...I was able to clearance around the powersteering box just fine, but the torsion bar on the driver side is right in the middle of a tube, and there is one plug that won't fit on the passenger side with the headers installed.

Has anyone else run these heads in this car? What headers worked?

Thanks,

KR

timmycharger

I am running Edelbrocks with angled plugs in my 68.  Using TTI 2 inch headers, tight around the starter but it all fits.

krigel

How much manual manipulation did you have to do to clear the torsion bar, steering box, and plugs?

timmycharger

just a small amount of bending of a tube to clear my mini starter, the stock starter fit with zero modifications.  The smaller tube diameter TTI headers would likely clear even better.

BDF

Quote from: timmycharger on February 26, 2018, 12:27:32 PM
just a small amount of bending of a tube to clear my mini starter, the stock starter fit with zero modifications.  The smaller tube diameter TTI headers would likely clear even better.
I am curious as to why the mini starter doesn't clear. Is it larger in diameter? Thanks.

mopar0166

dougs headers, fit just fine.  No hammer needed and youll save money on the tti headers.

krigel

With the Doug's Headers, did you have angle plug heads, or stock heads?

mopar0166

Edelbrock- angled plug heads. 

Did a fair amount of research after buying hooker headers and having to beat the crap out of them to fit.  I knew about tti heads but it was a tough price to drop on headers. 

I went as far as looking at every feasible option, drawing them out against TTI headers and then looking for information / pictures as to their actual fitment.  Doug's headers design is very similar to the TTI headers.  - https://shop.dougsheaders.com/shopby?find=dodge-charger--r-t-1969-426-wdg--440-119283

Are they close to the torsion bars -yes, do you need a mini starter - yes but the fitment and access to do plugs was excellent in my opinion.

I've been very happy with mine and have had zero issues especially with stage 8 bolts.   :cheers:

timmycharger

Quote from: BDF on February 26, 2018, 10:24:37 PM
Quote from: timmycharger on February 26, 2018, 12:27:32 PM
I am curious as to why the mini starter doesn't clear. Is it larger in diameter? Thanks.

I believe it is in that particular area, I ran these headers with a stock starter and had zero problems.

BDF