News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968-70 Charger Bumper Jack...Somebody scored!!!

Started by VegasCharger, February 20, 2018, 07:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

I was cruising the Moparts parts for sale ads and came across this. Apparently there was a bumper jack listed as "Vintage Bumper Jack" for $100.00 and free shipping!  :scared: :scared:

Picture of the jack is definitely a 2nd gen Charger one minus the tire iron.

Of course it sold and someone got lucky, wasn't me.

Did the seller not know what he had?

Link: (near bottom of the page)
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2426425/32.html

Also a screenshot attached.  :cheers:

68RT440

Well, either a second gen owner made the score of a lifetime or that very same jack will be for sale for $500 in a few days...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Daytona R/T SE

I was the third person to reply to that ad, the seller said I missed it by just a few minutes.  ::)

6pkrtse

I have mine in the trunk in my red 70', still all set up like from the factory. I don't think I have ever even take it out of the trunk before since I never use it. Surprising to see what they sell for. A floor jack is much easier and way cheaper. LOL.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

A383Wing

I paid $20 for mine...complete....jack, base, & tire iron

This was back in the mid 90's though.....seller had it listed in what was then the "Little Nickel" weekly free sales paper.....he even delivered it to my house

Bryan

Challenger340

THOSE ?...... sell for $100 BUCKS ?

Geezuz !

I am going to go round up about a half dozen hereabouts, they are all over the place in friends garages as doorstops, prybars, bash-ometers.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

68RT440

Quote from: Challenger340 on February 21, 2018, 04:56:02 PM

Geezuz !

I am going to go round up about a half dozen hereabouts, they are all over the place in friends garages as doorstops, prybars, bash-ometers.

The 68-70 Charger jacks are specifically expensive. The other B body jacks are much cheaper. It's not uncommon to see Charger jacks going for $300-$400+. There's an NOS one on eBay right now with a buy it now of $1500.00!!
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Challenger340 on February 21, 2018, 04:56:02 PM

Geezuz !

Put me down for three of them.

Ryan.C

WOW.

I almost tossed one in the trash over the summer but threw it in the corner of my garage instead. Glad I did.
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Ghoste

The irony there being that people throwing them in the trash is how we got to this place 50 years out.

TONY

My new repro charger + hook type T-style jacks will be in stock in 10 days to 2 weeks

A383Wing

TONY

the Charger jack with base is $320
the hook type t-style jack with base (available in black or grey)  is $160

the long jack handle is $35
short jack handle is $25

if someone is just missing their base, i had extras made available for $45

of course we already have the e-body and 68-9 b-body #116 and 70 road runner #103 jack hooks already available

alot of time , money and effort was put into them,
i hope theyll be able to fill the void for many

i think its nice to not have to deal with old, rusty, pitted and or broken jacks,
these are new + install ready

thanks for your inquiry

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: TONY on February 22, 2018, 02:41:06 PM
the Charger jack with base is $320
the hook type t-style jack with base (available in black or grey)  is $160

the long jack handle is $35
short jack handle is $25

if someone is just missing their base, i had extras made available for $45

of course we already have the e-body and 68-9 b-body #116 and 70 road runner #103 jack hooks already available

alot of time , money and effort was put into them,
i hope theyll be able to fill the void for many

i think its nice to not have to deal with old, rusty, pitted and or broken jacks,
these are new + install ready

thanks for your inquiry

Looks good.

Which jack handle is correct for a 69 Charger ?

The long or the short?

TONY

Ghoste