News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your thoughts?? Looking for a nostalgic look

Started by jessejames, April 02, 2018, 06:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessejames

Ok guys... Finishing up my T7 69 Charger R/T and looking for that late 60's early 70's look. MY dads was F8 Green with deep dish chrome reverse wheels on the backs and skinny steel black wheels in the front. Really think the car will look good with this combo. I want to go with the deep chrome dish look in the back. MY question is... Probably have to go with a 10" wheel in the back. Has anyone ran that big of a wheel? I run a 8.5 on my other chargers. And if so what kind of tire are you running? I might have to add some height to the back of this car for this look as well. Planning on going with a F70-15 for the fronts. Any thoughts? Or pictures of your car with tire sizes and rims sizes would be great!!! Or if anyone has any thoughts on another rim combo... I'm all ears.
Thanks!!

LeesRT

This is the look my car has had since 1983.  I will go back with this look.  14" 50 series tires in the front, 15" 50 series tire in the rear.  I'll have to take measurements on the wheels this weekend if you need that info.

jessejames

I absolutely love this car!! Color combo plus a 4 speed!! Doesn't get any better! Thanks Lee!! :drool5: :cheers:

John_Kunkel

On a lot of examples where folks run "big meats" in the rear they have to jack up the suspension to clear the tires; not to my taste, tires should fit in the wheel well. Besides, with the sidewalls extending past the fenders what happens when you hit a really big bump? Chances are the fender lip will hit the sidewall.  :shruggy:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ghoste

Or that other favorite, where they just barely fit in and you hit a bump.  The torn up sidewall look is not good either.

6pkrtse

I change mine out every couple of years between Cragar's & Rallye's with 295's in the rear on both sets with no air shocks or jacked up suspension.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Lennard

I just shortened the rear axle 2 inches on each side to make my 15x10 with 295/50-15 Vectors fit.  My car is lowered, so they needed to fit IN the wheel wells.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE