News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Importing a charger quotes to Australia

Started by jefferson, April 02, 2018, 06:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger340

Quote from: jefferson on April 05, 2018, 06:18:26 AM
Well im just waiting to hear back from a few car import places and what they can come up with charger wise at the right price and may have something this year.

I understand your situation, long ways away, foreign country, export, import and on and on.

But I still think you may be better off dealing privately with a Seller ?
Get them to help you with shipping arrangements, pay them fairly, etc. Not everyone is a crook, deadbeat, or otherwise looking to screw somebody, PLENTY of good people around and here on this site,   Take your time, research, lots of pictures/Video options, skype, whatever it takes up to and including even plane fare to go take a 'boo in person and complete the transaction.

What are the names of some of the Car Import "Businesses" you are dealing with ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Lennard

moparstuart

Quote from: Lennard on April 07, 2018, 11:39:21 AM
Lots of people find and import their own car. Who dares... wins.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jNUs4VFDgYQ

I have sold a couple cars to Germany , it was very simple on my end   .  They take all the risk for sure .  Has to be very tough to wait and see on there end .  
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Lennard

It IS a big risk to send your hard earned money to someone on the other side of the world that you don't know.

Reezee

It is! As I said in my video; I was scared to death. You try to do it as safe as possible, check out the buyer online, get as much info as possible up front. But at the end of the day, it's your money leaving your bank account!

There are some escrow services and some shipping companies that will pay on pick up. But being overseas, it might be hard to convince the seller to agree to those types of deals. Nothing beats cash and a trailer ;).
Thinker of thoughts such as: "What have I gotten myself into" & "This car is going to be so awesome when it's done"

Follow my restoration on:
YouTube under Richard's Resto
Facebook.com/MoparRichard
Instagram.com/MoparsInEurope

G-man

Quote from: VegasCharger on April 05, 2018, 05:08:39 AM
Quote from: RECHRGD on April 04, 2018, 01:55:32 PM
.....At least I now know how ugly my engine, interior and taillights are.... :rofl:

Yep right there with you with our gross looking 68 Chargers.  :smilielol:

At least 68s didn't hide the door scallops with the R/T scoops, WTF?

And that 70 front bumper, need I say more?

WOW turquoise blue engines offensive??

Again :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

:cheers:

What about the bumper at the front on the 70? It actually gives the car a little 'rounded off' look at the front which suits the headlights perfectly. The 68 Charger with is square nose looks dodgy when the headlights are visible. I used to love 68s but the 70s with the rounded off look due to that wrap around bumper actually look more like a beast/muscle while the 68 looks a bit more classic like, not as aggressive.

And why on earth did 68s use corvette tail lights?  That was the only thing I never liked about 68s. Rear end looks weird and incomplete.

Given, the 70 needs the inside of the front grill painted black, otherwise, it looks like a fish. Once that is painted, so no line in it... it is the most aggressive looking charger made.

Lennard

alfaitalia

Hmmm...I think most would say the 68 is the most aggressive Charger design in a choice between a 68,69 or 70....and no I don't own a 68. To my mind the 70 is least aggressively styled of the three. Each to their own of course...if everyone thought the obviously best looking one was their favorite there would be no 69s left for the rest of us...lol!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

G-man

Quote from: alfaitalia on April 08, 2018, 07:06:15 AM
Hmmm...I think most would say the 68 is the most aggressive Charger design in a choice between a 68,69 or 70....and no I don't own a 68. To my mind the 70 is least aggressively styled of the three. Each to their own of course...if everyone thought the obviously best looking one was their favorite there would be no 69s left for the rest of us...lol!

Eh, maybe peopl see things differently. I looked at the fast n furious black 70 charger in video, (not the movie, just a done up car the same) and then compared it to a done up, blown 68 charger, also had blower out the hood etc... and the 68 just doesn't look right, too flat in the front while the 70 with that slight rounded off look makes it work perfect. Look at my avatar... no 68 is gonna look like that.

Commtech

Quote from: G-man on April 07, 2018, 07:58:10 PM
Quote from: VegasCharger on April 05, 2018, 05:08:39 AM
Quote from: RECHRGD on April 04, 2018, 01:55:32 PM
.....At least I now know how ugly my engine, interior and taillights are.... :rofl:

Yep right there with you with our gross looking 68 Chargers.  :smilielol:

At least 68s didn't hide the door scallops with the R/T scoops, WTF?

And that 70 front bumper, need I say more?

WOW turquoise blue engines offensive??

Again :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

:cheers:

What about the bumper at the front on the 70? It actually gives the car a little 'rounded off' look at the front which suits the headlights perfectly. The 68 Charger with is square nose looks dodgy when the headlights are visible. I used to love 68s but the 70s with the rounded off look due to that wrap around bumper actually look more like a beast/muscle while the 68 looks a bit more classic like, not as aggressive.

And why on earth did 68s use corvette tail lights?  That was the only thing I never liked about 68s. Rear end looks weird and incomplete.

Given, the 70 needs the inside of the front grill painted black, otherwise, it looks like a fish. Once that is painted, so no line in it... it is the most aggressive looking charger made.

The 70's front bumper is my favorite out all 3 years. As you pointed out, it is the most aggressive looking front and it is what made me decide to choose that particular year.  I also don't understand Dodge's decision to put those corvette tail lights. To me, they have nothing to do with the rest of the design.

ht4spd307

jefferson

Hey guys, ive been in contact with a bloke in Arizona who is selling a nice clean looking 69 and negotiated for a price im happy with. Hes going to send me more photos and videos of the car running/driving etc, Im well aware it could not be what it appears to be, but then again it could be.

Now just have to go with a car import  company that has contacts over in the US who can arrange to have the car imported for me. Hope all goes to plan. See what happens.

VegasCharger

Quote from: jefferson on April 11, 2018, 12:53:24 AM
Hey guys, ive been in contact with a bloke in Arizona who is selling a nice clean looking 69 and negotiated for a price im happy with. Hes going to send me more photos and videos of the car running/driving etc, Im well aware it could not be what it appears to be, but then again it could be.

Now just have to go with a car import  company that has contacts over in the US who can arrange to have the car imported for me. Hope all goes to plan. See what happens.

Good luck , I hope it turns out well.  :cheers:

jefferson

Thanks mate.

MY only issue is its $$ after $$ after $$ lol.

But hey ,can always make more money right? haha.

socalcharger

jefferson

Decided against it. Was just extremely difficult trying to buy something going in blind. Ill wait till something pops up within Australia, or let others import and buy from them, still a fair few amount of people importing and reselling so ill just wait.

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Laxy

Jefferson, out of interest a mate's very nice 440 '69 General Lee clone here in Perth has just sold for A$70k. I think I heard it's going to Queensland.

Another mate (forum member here) has an extremely mint orange '69 383 Charger that I saw him offer up at around A$70-$75k a couple of months ago - not sure if he still wants to sell but could be an option? Whereabouts are you again?

The decent Mopars over here only seem to come up on the buy/sell Facebook groups lately.

Personally I would shy away from recruiting someone to buy you a car, too many unknowns. Just keep putting in the time yourself, cars will come up in your range both here and in the US. Enjoy the search, no need to rush it.

I think everyone has covered off on the import charges already, mine cost US$15k in 2008 as a basic 383 driver, dollar at $0.92, trucked to LA docks and shipped to Melbourne, cost me A$21k landed. Was super fucking happy with that, long time ago now though!
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

TPR

A bloke brought this to my attention today.
A genuine R/T column shift car.
A Shannons auction est price $50k to $60k.
Seems reasonable, but who knows what it will actually sell for:

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2018-shannons-melbourne-autumn-classic-auction/C62FB5H1341CE8MD/

TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Laxy

Quote from: TPR on April 18, 2018, 04:18:31 AM
A bloke brought this to my attention today.
A genuine R/T column shift car.
A Shannons auction est price $50k to $60k.
Seems reasonable, but who knows what it will actually sell for:

https://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/2018-shannons-melbourne-autumn-classic-auction/C62FB5H1341CE8MD/

TPR

Ooooh nice. Bit rough around the edges but if you score it for $50k you'd be doing well. Very, very similar to my car in specs and condition except an R/T.
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

jefferson

Hahaha i actually had my eye on that shannons auction and was ready to bid come the 30th hahaha.

jefferson

Quote from: Laxy on April 18, 2018, 04:07:56 AM
Jefferson, out of interest a mate's very nice 440 '69 General Lee clone here in Perth has just sold for A$70k. I think I heard it's going to Queensland.

Another mate (forum member here) has an extremely mint orange '69 383 Charger that I saw him offer up at around A$70-$75k a couple of months ago - not sure if he still wants to sell but could be an option? Whereabouts are you again?

The decent Mopars over here only seem to come up on the buy/sell Facebook groups lately.

Personally I would shy away from recruiting someone to buy you a car, too many unknowns. Just keep putting in the time yourself, cars will come up in your range both here and in the US. Enjoy the search, no need to rush it.

I think everyone has covered off on the import charges already, mine cost US$15k in 2008 as a basic 383 driver, dollar at $0.92, trucked to LA docks and shipped to Melbourne, cost me A$21k landed. Was super fucking happy with that, long time ago now though!

Wow id be raped scoring at 21k mate, bet you were happy, good on you. Dollar is average now so a lot more expensive haha.

Im in victoria mate. Yep ive added myself lately to a few mopar groups on facebook, seen a few pop up here and there, but mostly shells or full restos which doesnt interest me, passed up on that a while ago.

Which member was that that had the 69 mate? If you can locate him, let me know. Id be happy to have a chat if he still has the 69 for sale.

Edelbroke

jefferson

Quote from: Edelbroke on April 19, 2018, 06:48:02 AM
Not mine ---Nice 69 Charger RT for 40K
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MOPARSUNLIMITED/?multi_permalinks=1888027931232072&notif_id=1524138274875034&notif_t=commerce_interesting_product&ref=notif

Not sure if that link transferred but its on the facebook "Mopars Unlimited" page

Saw that mate, i think im just trying now to buy something already in the country not have it imported in, lot less hassle.

Do we have a lot of Aussie members on this forum? Ive seen a few chime in.