News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOS Superbird nose screen on EBay Not mine

Started by Moparsaver, April 15, 2018, 03:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

He says the pattern is different than the repros, what repros is he looking at?  :slap:

$500 for that is insane! I'd like to meet the sucker that buys that...

odcics2

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 15, 2018, 10:27:42 PM
He says the pattern is different than the repros, what repros is he looking at?  :slap:

$500 for that is insane! I'd like to me the sucker that buys that...

Does say make offer.....   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: odcics2 on April 16, 2018, 07:42:19 AM
He says the pattern is different than the repros, what repros is he looking at?  :slap:

I don't think he'd want my offer  :icon_smile_big: I can make a 70 Superbird grill screen, same size, same shape, same mat'l for $8 my cost, cheaper than what he wants for shipping that overpriced "chicken wire"

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

odcics2

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 16, 2018, 11:25:48 AM

I don't think he'd want my offer  :icon_smile_big: I can make a 70 Superbird grill screen, same size, same shape, same mat'l for $8 my cost, cheaper than what he wants for shipping that overpriced "chicken wire"

But even if you paid somebody to take them, they aren't original!  :nana:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: odcics2 on April 16, 2018, 01:30:10 PM
He says the pattern is different than the repros, what repros is he looking at?  :slap:

Does say make offer.....   :Twocents:

I don't think he'd want my offer  :icon_smile_big: I can make a 70 Superbird grill screen, same size, same shape, same mat'l for $8 my cost, cheaper than what he wants for shipping that overpriced "chicken wire"

But even if you paid somebody to take them, they aren't original!  :nana:

What makes you think what he has is original? :nana:

odcics2

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 16, 2018, 05:02:03 PM

I don't think he'd want my offer  :icon_smile_big: I can make a 70 Superbird grill screen, same size, same shape, same mat'l for $8 my cost, cheaper than what he wants for shipping that overpriced "chicken wire"

He has the box it came in!   :yesnod:

:whistling:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: odcics2 on April 16, 2018, 06:06:04 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 16, 2018, 05:02:03 PM

He has the box it came in!   :yesnod:

:whistling:

I don't know about you, but I've bought NOS stuff off Ebay only to find that a nice clean original or nice repro was put in the box...and it didn't really matter to me as long as it was the part I needed, and I didn't lay out too much cash...

I've personally known some individuals who have changed out NOS items in the box with clean originals or repros, turned around and asked big $$$ for the part and gotten away with it....

Not saying this is the case here with this Ebay seller, but one has to think about an NOS purchase where a comparable undetectable repro can easily be swapped, and your buying an expensive box that means nothing...  ever have those guys that ask you when they know you've just used/bought NOS parts on/for your build... "do you still have/need the NOS box?" what do you think they're doing with it?... :scratchchin:

odcics2

I guess if you can't tell in bad auction photos what you are buying, (nos versus mint used or repro) don't buy it...   :Twocents:

Most all of my NOS parts for the #88 didn't have any box.   Stuff like race shocks, suspension parts, brake stuff, radiator, pulleys, plug wires, fan belts, etc.  Got a few 3 prong regulators in MoPar boxes, but also have a few without. 

A lot of repro parts are easily detected.     
But, as you mentioned, there are dishonest parts guys out there, so buyer beware. 

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mopar John

I have to say that the best NOS that I purchased for the restorations were the items still in their original factory packaging!
I learned very early on that at some dealerships where defective parts were replaced the take offs were put in the original boxes and put back into inventory.
Then later when these dealers closed and the parts sold off a lot of these take offs became NOS again!
I also found in the private sector many Mopar owners put their take offs in the original boxes also!
Then later at a yard sale or estate sale these parts became NOS again!
I say beware to the buyer and study those pictures or even ask for more before you buy!
There is nothing better than good old assembly line parts that are rarely in any type of packaging!
MJ

Xenon

Thats more than what I would want for a screen AND a frame..
NOS..Nooo.. In a NOS box,, noooo.
Would anyone be able to tell once painted and on car,,  nooooo .....

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Xenon on April 21, 2018, 06:39:24 PM

There's some guys that can't sleep at night knowing that they may have a...dare I say the word?, "repro" part on their car....  :scratchchin: :icon_smile_big:

odcics2

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 21, 2018, 10:51:58 PM
Quote from: Xenon on April 21, 2018, 06:39:24 PM

There's some guys that can't sleep at night knowing that they may have a...dare I say the word?, "repro" part on their car....  :scratchchin: :icon_smile_big:

Yup!!  The car is either right, or it's wrong.    But, there are a lot of guys that don't care and drive a wrong car!    :nana:

Joking aside, to each their own.   :cheers:

held1823

i'm one of the don't care crowd. that said,

mike, what "wrong" (repro) daytona front end stuff do you have in inventory? shoot me a pm with a price list when you have a moment. thanks
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Aero426

Ironic that you don't see the "numbers guys" condescending on those with clones or reproduction parts here.   But the guy who makes the repro stuff consistently condescends the other way.     

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Aero426 on April 22, 2018, 10:33:52 PM

There's some guys that can't sleep at night knowing that they may have a...dare I say the word?, "repro" part on their car....  :scratchchin: :icon_smile_big:

Ironic that you don't see the "numbers guys" condescending on those with clones or reproduction parts here.   But the guy who makes the repro stuff consistently condescends the other way.    

Pa..lease Doug, you see/hear the paint daub, numbers, "real" car guys condescending on clone cars, even on the so-called "real" cars having repro parts on them here all the time, as well as other forums, and at shows, meets, etc, etc...

And MY consistant "condescending" will always be on OVERPRICED CARS AND PARTS,  be they repro, NOS, used, cloned, original, etc, etc, doesn't matter... if the price is pegging the absurd meter, like this piece of Chicken wire for $500 B/O you bet ya

"But the guy who makes the repro stuff consistently condescends the other way" ...nice insinuation there Doug, let me give you a few examples to dispel that assumption...

I had a customer recently ask me for a repro Daytona grille frame, after he told me what was wrong with his ORIGINAL, I said ship it to me, I'll see what I can do, easy straightening repair, sent it back on my dime, when the customer asked what I owed him, I said "nothing", he wanted to send me a $100 bucks, I said if you do I'll return you money... now if I was "condescending" towards ORIGINAL parts, I could have gladly talked him out of several hundred dollars for one of my REPRO grille frames/screen

When Holgar at SuperCar Restorations contacted me about Sam Ballard's F6 Daytona (recently discussed on this Aero forum) about a set of REPRO headlight outer doors, I asked what was wrong with the ORIGINALS?, he said I only really need the driver's side, after he told me what was damaged, I said send the ORIGINAL to me, I surgically cut off the damaged top, beveled the edges, placed it in my mold where it fit perfectly and laminated a new REPRO top into the ORIGINAL remaining 80% of the outer light door, then dressed it out, re gel-coated the entire thing, sent it back in under 2 weeks to Holgar, where he then stated "I should have sent the other side to you as well"... he then asked what do I owe you?, again I said "nothing, on the house", he thanked me, and said that's how business and work should be done, and if I need anything to give him a call... now clearly a "condescending" individual would have told him that the ORIGINAL stuff was junk, and he would clearly want one/set of my REPROs...

When Troy Hawkes/68HEMICHARGER contacted me for a set of my REPRO Superbird grille frames, I told him I was retooling the dies because of wear and it would be a few weeks out before any parts could be made, I asked what was wrong with his ORIGINALS?, he felt they needed too much work to straighten, again I said send them to me, I'll see what I can do for ya, I straighten 4 pcs he sent, test fitted them, glassbeaded them, etch primed them, and shipped them out along with one of my Superbird REPRO grille screen free of charge just to compliment his now nice ORIGINAL grille frames, when he asked "what do I owe you", I said Troy if you could see your way to sending me your Superbird rear window triangles so I could mold off them to make REPROS, I would really appreciate  that gesture as one guy helping another, which Troy had no issue with doing.   .....again clearly a "condescending" individual would have talked Troy into not using his damaged ORIGINALS and buying a full set of REPROS at several hundreds of dollars...

So yes I make money selling REPRO parts, but I certainly don't coerce individuals into buying them thru "condescending'" measures or means as insinuated, I'll agree I am guilty of clearly interjecting my OPINION on overpriced, unwanted, unworthy vehicles, parts, or services though

I could go on and on with many events from over the decades like this for hours on end, but I have other forums to go spread my "condescending" notions of how much better my REPRO parts are vs ORIGINALS to maybe make a quick buck...   :eyes:

Xenon

hmm,, somehow my pics started a REPO war....
What I have is a take off.. Not NOS, not REPO,
just a used part that has been hanging in garage
for a while......

Now,, as for only using NOS,, guess what,, once installed it is USED...
As for repo,, probably better than original ...
My three cents....

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Xenon on April 23, 2018, 07:39:24 PM
hmm,, somehow my pics started a REPO war....

Your post had nothing to do with it in any way shape or form.... :icon_smile_big:

Aero426

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 23, 2018, 06:12:38 PM

Pa..lease Doug, you see/hear the paint daub, numbers, "real" car guys condescending on clone cars, even on the so-called "real" cars having repro parts on them here all the time, as well as other forums, and at shows, meets, etc, etc...

And MY consistant "condescending" will always be on OVERPRICED CARS AND PARTS,  be they repro, NOS, used, cloned, original, etc, etc, doesn't matter... if the price is pegging the absurd meter, like this piece of Chicken wire for $500 B/O you bet ya

"But the guy who makes the repro stuff consistently condescends the other way" ...nice insinuation there Doug, let me give you a few examples to dispel that assumption...

I had a customer recently ask me for a repro Daytona grille frame, after he told me what was wrong with his ORIGINAL, I said ship it to me, I'll see what I can do, easy straightening repair, sent it back on my dime, when the customer asked what I owed him, I said "nothing", he wanted to send me a $100 bucks, I said if you do I'll return you money... now if I was "condescending" towards ORIGINAL parts, I could have gladly talked him out of several hundred dollars for one of my REPRO grille frames/screen

When Holgar at SuperCar Restorations contacted me about Sam Ballard's F6 Daytona (recently discussed on this Aero forum) about a set of REPRO headlight outer doors, I asked what was wrong with the ORIGINALS?, he said I only really need the driver's side, after he told me what was damaged, I said send the ORIGINAL to me, I surgically cut off the damaged top, beveled the edges, placed it in my mold where it fit perfectly and laminated a new REPRO top into the ORIGINAL remaining 80% of the outer light door, then dressed it out, re gel-coated the entire thing, sent it back in under 2 weeks to Holgar, where he then stated "I should have sent the other side to you as well"... he then asked what do I owe you?, again I said "nothing, on the house", he thanked me, and said that's how business and work should be done, and if I need anything to give him a call... now clearly a "condescending" individual would have told him that the ORIGINAL stuff was junk, and he would clearly want one/set of my REPROs...

When Troy Hawkes/68HEMICHARGER contacted me for a set of my REPRO Superbird grille frames, I told him I was retooling the dies because of wear and it would be a few weeks out before any parts could be made, I asked what was wrong with his ORIGINALS?, he felt they needed too much work to straighten, again I said send them to me, I'll see what I can do for ya, I straighten 4 pcs he sent, test fitted them, glassbeaded them, etch primed them, and shipped them out along with one of my Superbird REPRO grille screen free of charge just to compliment his now nice ORIGINAL grille frames, when he asked "what do I owe you", I said Troy if you could see your way to sending me your Superbird rear window triangles so I could mold off them to make REPROS, I would really appreciate  that gesture as one guy helping another, which Troy had no issue with doing.   .....again clearly a "condescending" individual would have talked Troy into not using his damaged ORIGINALS and buying a full set of REPROS at several hundreds of dollars...

So yes I make money selling REPRO parts, but I certainly don't coerce individuals into buying them thru "condescending'" measures or means as insinuated, I'll agree I am guilty of clearly interjecting my OPINION on overpriced, unwanted, unworthy vehicles, parts, or services though

I could go on and on with many events from over the decades like this for hours on end, but I have other forums to go spread my "condescending" notions of how much better my REPRO parts are vs ORIGINALS to maybe make a quick buck...   :eyes:

Mike, I never said a word about your parts or that you are unhelpful.     I have no axe against quality reproduction parts.   

odcics2

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701