News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hoonigan video showcases Tantrum and Evolution Chargers, by Speedkore.

Started by JR, November 08, 2018, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Love em or hate em, the attention to detail and quality of construction is phenomenal. YouTube link here:

https://youtu.be/OzhIRiVfbVE

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

42TIM

cdr

I like them, they still look like a Charger, better looking than ugly ass 4x4 fender flares  :rofl:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Kern Dog

The carbon fiber is interesting. I would paint over it though!
During the video, the bald guy said the 1970 Chargers were 4400 lbs. W R O N G. Mine is 3940 with a big block and all sorts of added weight from chassis reinforcements.
I don't mind the grille but I do prefer the headlight door style better.

JR

Purists. ;D

If I ever won the lottery, I'd happily commission a copy of Evolution.

Id like the hidden headlights back, though.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

CornDogsCharger

I've always kinda of seen myself as a purist... but both cars are amazing!  I've seen pictures of them, but the pictures really do not do the car justice.  Video brings out all of the the little details and it comes to life.  8.5 times out of 10, I would probably build a car back to a fairly stock appearance... but JR brings up a good point.  If I won the lottery, or money was not an option, I wouldn't mind building something along these lines.  I would change a few things along the way though.  Which also makes me wonder... I wonder how much of this car is an actual Charger.  It looks to me that most all of the car is hand built. 

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

bakerhillpins

Quote from: JR on November 09, 2018, 06:48:59 AM
Purists. ;D

If I ever won the lottery, I'd happily commission a copy of Evolution.

Id like the hidden headlights back, though.

I'd spend my lottery winnings on something else personally, but I think the car looks good. Agree with the hideaways comment. I think shaving all the stainless/chrome off of the cars is a mistake but it seems to be standard these days. It's like getting 99% of the way there and then deciding to shortcut to just get it done.  :shruggy:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

b5blue

Funny how the weight savings is zero if you don't overestimate stock charger weight, he admits pumping up the HP is the real kicker.  :lol: Now that they have a mold for 70 Chargers what's next? Do they have a video of how they built the chassis and other stuff.   

alfaitalia

Don't like the Tantrum tail lights...or the head lights/grille on either of them....but other than that they are very cool and gave me a styling idea or two. And let's face it they only ruined two 70 models ...so no one will care. Glad they didn't base them on 68 or 69 cars though .....lol!

Joking apart, whether you like them or not you can't criticise the man's skills or the quality and finish of these cars.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

They didn't "ruin" anything. These cars were not based on a production Charger. All body panels are carbon fiber over a custom chassis.