News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are old tires in new condition safe?

Started by AKcharger, May 15, 2018, 04:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike DC

QuoteUhhh, $500 gets me almost 2 tires!

You can get 4 BFG radials (just picking a common 15" muscle car tire) for about $700 after mounting and balancing. 

alfaitalia

I'm in the caravan/motor home game over here... for a living. If you have an accident with tyres over 7 years old in most insurance companies cases you won't be covered. They do like to keep that fact in the small print though! All tyres here have a manufactured date code on...must be the same there I guess. I always check my tyres at the dealers before they are fitted....been offered 4 years old tyres as "new" before. More likely to happen if your car had unusual sizes.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 17, 2018, 09:42:51 PM
Quote from: myk on May 16, 2018, 04:30:46 AM
A new set of tires for about $500 is worth the peace of mind, IMO...

Uhhh, $500 gets me almost 2 tires!

Got to pay to play. Lol, here is 1 of mine...

myk

Quote from: Kern Dog on May 17, 2018, 09:42:51 PM
Quote from: myk on May 16, 2018, 04:30:46 AM
A new set of tires for about $500 is worth the peace of mind, IMO...

Uhhh, $500 gets me almost 2 tires!

Lol.  Well if we're talking about BFG TA tires, last time I bought a set it was about $500, course that was over 10 years ago.  I'm planning on buying some Nittos on my next purchase and am expecting to spend closer to a grand.  That is when I get the car back from the body shop another 10 years from now...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

John_Kunkel

Quote from: dual fours on May 16, 2018, 04:05:50 PM
It you think it's no fun when a rear tire blows, wait till a front blows.

A source of much debate. Google it.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

JB400

Double check your lugnuts before leaving the tire store.  My dad just went for a wild ride. Left rear wheel came off at 70 mph hauling a lawn mower home. Just had new tires put on. Luckily, no accident, but got whipped into oncoming traffic on a two lane road

AKcharger

c00nhunterjoe

Use to love bfg. Still a great tire, but way overpriced now. Get the cooper cobra radial gt instead.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Or be even more different and get the M/T's (which I believe are rebranded Coopers)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T