News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help! Daughters Mazda

Started by poppa, July 03, 2018, 07:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

My daughter has a 2001 Millenia and the serpentine belt tensioner froze up (this doesn't look fun) . I can find nothing on how to change this. Have to buy with the bracket and there in lies my biggest problem....so far. She's a good hour away from us and I would really like to think this through before hand. What else bolts to/ or does this bracket bolt to??? It's a 2.5 sideways sitting 6 cyl.....and there's not much room. I know I will probably be jacking the motor up. Anybody ever do one of these??? I'm getting too old for this s#$%. Thanks

Bracket below
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

JB400

Never done it myself, but looks like you loosen the end bolt to release belt tension.  Slip the belt off, and if your lucky, just replace the pulley.  If not, looks like your pulling the 2 bolts to hold the assembly.

Type in 2001 Millenia v6 belt tensioner on youtube.  There's a few videos.  Not a lot of room to work with

poppa

youtube , good idea. Unfortunately ,nothing the same, spent an hour looking , all mpv , Miata , 626. All are different. Tried looking for just a pic of the front of engine , nothing. I guess you just throw these away when it needs this. lol

poppa

It should look similar to this pic , part with arrow pointing to it , but missing the big "C" piece. Want to know where that piece is connected.

draftingmonkey

poppa

Thank you for doing some research. I did see that post but , I don't think it's for the same set up. I don't think she has a spring one. On the bracket above , you'll see a "bolt" and from what I can gather  , you set the tension with that. Loosen pulley bolt , adjust with that "bolt" , tighten pulley up. Thank you very much for taking the time to help!!

draftingmonkey

Question...on Autozone I see just the pulleys for sale. Is it possible that instead of the whole bracket/pulley assembly being replaced that the nut through the pulley can be backed off to be removed and only have to replace the pulley. Just asking...
https://www.autozone.com/external-engine/idler-pulley/mazda/millenia

poppa

I thought the same thing but , everyone is trying to sell me the assembly above. My daughter just sent me some pics and on her's it doesn't look like it's a cast bracket. I will go there this weekend and take it apart BEFORE I buy anything.

Thanks to all who made the time to help!