News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best radiator

Started by xx29440charger, August 01, 2018, 09:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

I wanted to know what the best aftermarket radiator would be for a stock  440 for a Daytona. It's a Daytona clone so my main objective is to keep the engine cool and I don't care if it's not a stock radiator  
Thank you

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Mopar Nut on August 02, 2018, 02:24:00 AM
U.S. Radiator

I've purchased a few US Radiators, in micro tube/5 row capacity for max cooling, esp for use in a wingcar, decent "repros" of the original tanks/mounting brackets/etc...and I've never had any issues with them, other than all 3 purchased over several years, all had the "clocking" of the radiator cap on an angle when closed, in other words the ears of the cap were not in line with the top tank like a factory application, the cap was skewed with the cap's ears when tight in the 7 o'clock and 1 o'clock positions instead of being 9 and 3... at first I thought it was the cap itself, but after fitting factory/repro caps, it was the neck clocking on the tank

Mike

xx29440charger

Are the U.S. Radiators easy to install?

DAY CLONA

Quote from: xx29440charger on August 02, 2018, 05:37:53 PM

Yes they bolted into the factory opening with no issues (26" radiators), and the factory fan shroud fit as well, no mods needed, these are basically copies of the factory radiators, but with no numbers/pentastar/Chrysler markings

FYI, I've used radiators from Glen Ray, US radiator, and Champion, I don't care who's radiator/how much $$$, in a wingcar it's going to run hot, you need a solid fan 5-7 blade, a full shroud, all the nose and radiator seals that the wingcars use, a 4-5 row 26" core, I've found a 50/50 distiled/RO/DI water and Zerex G-05, along with 8-12 oz Redline water wetter is ideal for keeping any 440/426-500 HEMI running cool

Mike

Mopar Nut

Quote from: xx29440charger on August 02, 2018, 05:37:53 PM
I agree with DAY CLONA on the cap and fitment, also the trans cooling lines were 10" apart on the radiator, but Don the owner said they were making them 12" apart.

I have a four row extra cooling 22" radiator, over kill I know but it cools awesome.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

4cruzin

This worked very well for me!   http://www.manciniracing.com/chalra4.html   I also added the shroud . .
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

62 Max

Well,I'll throw this in just because.This is the after market gauge in my bird,it reads exactly the same as the one in the cluster.That temp was taken about two years ago at roughly 60 mph and 78* outside temp.I have never seen a temp above 195* under any conditions.The radiator is the original 956 with a four core,180* stat,fixed seven blade fan and shroud and 6 blade a/c pump and all nose cone seals intact.If you have any doubts,come see me and I'll hand you the keys! :icon_smile_big:

And an addition,this is a 496 with a/c,22" 4 core seven blade fixed fan,shroud,6 blade a/c pump and 195*stat,never been past 200*

xx29440charger

Who's got the best price for U S radiator?

Mopar Nut

I got mine through Yearone, but check around, I will to for you. 

xx29440charger

WINGIN IT

Quote from: 62 Max on August 03, 2018, 11:08:08 AM
....If you have any doubts,come see me and I'll hand you the keys! :icon_smile_big:

So you're finally ready to hand over the keys !
Comin' down right now!  :icon_smile_big:

62 Max

Quote from: WINGIN IT on August 04, 2018, 04:57:32 PM
Quote from: 62 Max on August 03, 2018, 11:08:08 AM
....If you have any doubts,come see me and I'll hand you the keys! :icon_smile_big:

So you're finally ready to hand over the keys !
Comin' down right now!  :icon_smile_big:

With some restrictions !! :nono: